Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing so many people choosing the Touring trim and I'm assuming it's primarily for the glass roof. Am I missing something beyond the listed features?

Touring includes all Limited features and adds:
  • Glass Roof with Retractable Sunshade
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Display Rearview Auto-dimming Mirror
  • Interior Illuminated Trim
  • Available Two-Tone Roof Paint
Is it all worth an extra $3,500? Any other perks people know about?

To get my State DEQ rebates (an additional $7,500), I need to keep the vehicle below $50k MSRP.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
FWIW, the fancy rear view mirror includes a washer spray for the camera, in Canada at least. Since there’s no rear wiper 🙄 this might be a little thing that makes a big difference in real life. Whether it’s worth the 3.5K is another question.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The rear view camera and ventilated seats for the mandatory black interior were what did it for me, plus I figured they were hiding other features that were only included on the Touring (like the driver monitoring system). I definitely did not want a glass roof, and did tell Subaru, strongly, I wanted the solar roof and brown interior, and that the Toyota production system should be able to handle building Limited models with all the features of the Touring except the glass roof, which I would gladly pay for. If you go to Toyota.com and build a bZ4X they do have almost every feature as a separate selection, including the radiant heaters which I’m assuming was the whole reason the glovebox was deleted and for some reason it is excluded from all the Subaru’s. Talk about aggravating.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
186 Posts
The mirror (which I use 100% of the time on my Ascent) and the ventilated seats would be high on my list. (But a black interior would kill the deal for me) Besides, I always buy top-trim. Our MY20 Forester Limited was the first exception to that in many years but had everything we needed and was available at the time in inventory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same in my state, had to keep it below $50K for rebate. But even without that I don’t think I would pay the premium for the added features. Only thing I would be interested I would be the ventilated seats. The glass roof? Sounds like a big green house effect to me with no ability to open it. I rarely fill my Subaru to the roof and if I do, I use my mirrors:). And illuminated trim. And I am getting mine in all black to hide the black fenders so two tone is a not an option for me. I was happy the made the choice so easy for me as I didn’t deal like I was losing anything important.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been finalizing my order today and Johnson Subaru in Cary, NC will not let me upgrade my order from Premium to Limited. They said I could pick the color but since I preordered a Premium I cannot change the model.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've been finalizing my order today and Johnson Subaru in Cary, NC will not let me upgrade my order from Premium to Limited. They said I could pick the color but since I preordered a Premium I cannot change the model.
That doesn't sound right. I was given the option to order whatever I wanted. If you'd really like the Limited, maybe you can clear things up with Subaru of America. Or have the dealer check into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me either. I downsized the trim level on my reservation from the Touring to the Limited and the salesman said that was fine. I can't believe the dealer would not want to sell at a higher price point! Unless they already ordered the car based on the reservations they had?

·
Registered
350 Posts
They will stop gushing over the Solterra once the first batch of owners driving them start complaining how long it takes to recharge from level 3 chargers and the range anxiety kicking in after 2 hours of driving it!!!
I won't be among the complainers. It charges 100% faster than my current EV and has 50% more range (and costs only $2,000 more this year than my current car did 3 years ago). It may not be "the best EV out there" (whatever that is) but it is more than good enough for what I need it to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me either. I downsized the trim level on my reservation from the Touring to the Limited and the salesman said that was fine. I can't believe the dealer would not want to sell at a higher price point! Unless they already ordered the car based on the reservations they had?
My Solterra has been ordered and I was not allowed to buy a Limited. I did have the option to change the color but I stayed with black because I think the black plastic cladding on the fenders is ugly. It won't be as noticeable on a black car.
  • Commitment Status: Sold Order
  • Retail MSRP: $46,220
  • Pipeline Status: Ordered
  • ETA: 2022-10
If the dealer made a mistake, it's too late now.:rolleyes:

edit: May 11, 2022 - Subaru of America confirmed my order this morning. The email message is very generic and doesn't offer any new information.

;

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sure the digital mirror is cool but I think I'll stick to the convention mirror. Switching to an EV is a big enough leap for me this year. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The digital mirror acts as a conventional mirror, until you flip it, like the old school dimmer mirrors. It's great when you have something in the backseat or trunk that's blovking your rearview. Trust me, it's pretty nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Solterra has been ordered and I was not allowed to buy a Limited. I did have the option to change the color but I stayed with black because I think the black plastic cladding on the fenders is ugly. It won't be as noticeable on a black car.
  • Commitment Status: Sold Order
  • Retail MSRP: $46,220
  • Pipeline Status: Ordered
  • ETA: 2022-10
If the dealer made a mistake, it's too late now.:rolleyes:

edit: May 11, 2022 - Subaru of America confirmed my order this morning. The email message is very generic and doesn't offer any new information.

;
The Black Cladding looks great in person, and on my white Ascent it pops in crontast with the white.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not trying to be flippant, but when we are already spending $50K (plus tax, registration, and license), what's an extra $4K?

We really love our 2020 Outback Touring and use the ventilated seats all the time. The glass roof and the two-tone paint nearly had us nearly canceling our Solterra order. Yes, we could have gotten the Limited, but those ventilated seats are so darned awesome in Arizona.

Hey, we all have our reasons for the choices we make.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts