Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that I really miss from my old Forester is the built in weather radio.

I remember one trip up North on xmas eve. I got off to a late start. It was snowing. The farther North I went, the worse the reports on the NOAA all hazards weather radio became. Cars were sliding off the road every which way. Finally, the weather radio said that I was heading into the area's first ever blizzard warning. By the time I got to where I wanted to go, I was the last car on the interstate, and the snow was six inches deep (with no tracks ahead of me). The builtin weather radio was great.

Sure, I can carry a walkie talkie with weather channels, and stick it in a cup holder. But I have to remember to charge it. Punching a button was so much easier.

Subaru vehicles are said to take adventurers off the beaten path. I never could understand why Subaru of America pulled the weather radio out of the car.

·
103 Posts
One of the things that concerns me about the navigation system - it's not standalone, but uses your cell phone. They even state that if you are out of cell service, the navigation won't work. I'm sure no Solterra driver would ever go off-road to a place where there was no cell service thankfully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts