Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You poor guys in America. I am low income and will get $9 grand as an Incentive from our federal and provincial governments. No tax credit, just cash. Well really the dealer does the work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm starting to think that most of you have bailed, and the actual appearance of our car is not good news. ;)
#1 - Over the last 3-4 weeks I've seen a lot of folks post on this forum and I wonder why they are still hanging around a they have obviously bailed - so I think you are right there.

#2 - With all the news, rumors, and rumblings around here over the last few weeks, I'm a little skeptical that you will have a Solterra in two weeks. But I certainly hope you will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s really good news to hear and congrats. I really hope they deliver. The dealership here in Minnesota where our reservation is, said September. So they have less than 28 days to deliver on that “promise”.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Certainly some have bailed, but then again, several posters have had multiple deposits on more than one vehicle (even before the recall) and have been playing a version of EV roulette, waiting to see which vehicle was the first that could be delivered. Totally new designed vehicles are always going to have some teething issues,

As for me, I’m not in any rush, especially since the tax rebate debacle has been enacted. I’m willing to give Subaru a while longer to deliver, but my patience is not unlimited. At some point, sooner than later, I want to see some vehicles hitting the roads in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We’re playing roulette as well. Got a deposit on a C40 and an ID4. Seen more C40s in our area as of late so I have some hope. Placed an order on an ID4 a month ago and still can’t get an email to lock my order in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If it was built before June 18, then it's possible.
Certainly possible, and I hope that it is! Seems a little odd that the first "fixed" vehicles won't be previously sold BZ4Xs (or that they wouldn't at least have info about about a fix) but will instead be a Solterra delivered to a country that hasn't even announced pricing yet. But if that is the ride we are on, that would be awesome. I will be super excited to see any fixed vehicles start to show up anywhere. The sooner the better. @poodlemaster - keep us updated!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As far as I know our 24 cars are already somewhere in BC. I was told a while ago that there will only be perhaps 2 Premium/Base models, and the rest a mix of Tech and Luxury. As I am 15 on the list, the people before me will get to chose first. I would like a Red Premium as I think the smaller wheels will be better for off road and I don't care about the display much. I will certainly take a Tech model if I can't get the Premium, and will be very happy with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Solterra was the only option for my fam to move to full BEV, so continuing to wait and see how things shake out with the tax credits while hoping for US arrival sooner rather than later. Another challenge right now is that regardless of the tax situation any desirable BEV or even PHEV is basically unobtanium in IL, so it's either waitlist for 6-8 more months or pay some shit dealer a premium

·
Registered
40 Posts
Certainly possible, and I hope that it is! Seems a little odd that the first "fixed" vehicles won't be previously sold BZ4Xs (or that they wouldn't at least have info about about a fix) but will instead be a Solterra delivered to a country that hasn't even announced pricing yet. But if that is the ride we are on, that would be awesome. I will be super excited to see any fixed vehicles start to show up anywhere. The sooner the better. @poodlemaster - keep us updated!
A number of Solterras were already on the water or had reached sea ports in Seattle or Long Beach when the recall occurred. Assuming that Subaru/Toyota had these vehicles at their distribution "ports" for the last 2 months, it's not a stretch to think these vehicles could be repaired before vehicles that were already at dealers or previously sold. The fix would have to be rolled out to each dealer via TSB and training, whereas anything in port would have a more direct line to corporate enigneering. IIRC there was chatter regarding BZ4Xs that were at dealer lots awaiting resolution, being moved recently - meaning they could have been sent to the port locations to be fixed rather than sending the resolution to the dealers directly and those cars could be back on the lots in the next couple of weeks as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"A number of Solterras were already on the water or had reached sea ports in Seattle or Long Beach when the recall occurred."

From what I have been told, perhaps all the cars we had deposits on, were or are in, the various parts of the country, not too far from the various dealer distribution points. If this is true and I think it is, they are doing the wheel fix now, and will roll out all the demo cars to the dealers first, and then we will get access to the rest as we make deals.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Another challenge right now is that regardless of the tax situation any desirable BEV or even PHEV is basically unobtanium in IL, so it's either waitlist for 6-8 more months or pay some shit dealer a premium
I recently expressed interest in a Q4 e-tron that will be a demo car for a few months at an IL dealership. I was told that when they can sell it, they're going to be starting their pricing at MSRP + $20,000. I was asked what I would be trading in, and if I would be financing my purchase. I replied simply that I would be trading in my current BEV, that I wouldn't be financing, and I wouldn't be paying $20,000 over MSRP. Since then, I've ignored their two follow-up emails. Seriously? You only get one chance to make a first impression. I see no reason to do business with that dealership, ever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
#1 - Over the last 3-4 weeks I've seen a lot of folks post on this forum and I wonder why they are still hanging around a they have obviously bailed - so I think you are right there.
I mean I’ve bailed, but I’m invested now in this vehicle. I want to know what the cause was, I want to see it on the road and I want you lot to all be happy. But I also want to know if I made the right decision!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently expressed interest in a Q4 e-tron that will be a demo car for a few months at an IL dealership. I was told that when they can sell it, they're going to be starting their pricing at MSRP + $20,000. I was asked what I would be trading in, and if I would be financing my purchase. I replied simply that I would be trading in my current BEV, that I wouldn't be financing, and I wouldn't be paying $20,000 over MSRP. Since then, I've ignored their two follow-up emails. Seriously? You only get one chance to make a first impression. I see no reason to do business with that dealership, ever.
I had a similar experience years ago. I knew what I wanted, how much I wanted to pay, and after an hour or so of the dealer playing games, I walked out. They chased my car down in the rain and said ok, they would meet my price. I said no thanks, you had your chance, and drove off. The next dealer met my price right away.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts