Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha, and greetings Pilots,
Steve Here in Yokosuka japan. I work here and every AM I see the huge fleet of Left hand drives departing for new homes in the US. I really want to like the car, but has a few short comings as far as range and charge speed, add to CCS vs Chademo (here) I currently own 4 EV's, been through 8, and I hope to see SOLTERRA evolve, but Toyota is sold on HYBRIDS, VS PURE ELECTRICS, also HYDROGEN cars are growing here, and there's a lot of charging stations. Hope to hear from everyone. I'll post photo's of the feel later.

Steve

· Registered
95 Posts
Aloha, and greetings Pilots,
Steve Here in Yokosuka japan. I work here and every AM I see the huge fleet of Left hand drives departing for new homes in the US. I really want to like the car, but has a few short comings as far as range and charge speed, add to CCS vs Chademo (here) I currently own 4 EV's, been through 8, and I hope to see SOLTERRA evolve, but Toyota is sold on HYBRIDS, VS PURE ELECTRICS, also HYDROGEN cars are growing here, and there's a lot of charging stations. Hope to hear from everyone. I'll post photo's of the feel later.

Steve
I hope my red Touring is in this shipment. Unlikely since my dealer said it is scheduled for March.

Thanks for keeping a watchful eye on those Subarus. A lot of Americas love their Subarus.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
I hope my red Touring is in this shipment. Unlikely since my dealer said it is scheduled for March.

Thanks for keeping a watchful eye on those Subarus. A lot of Americas love their Subarus.
We're only 5 weeks from March! By the time my car finally arrives home (this weekend, I hope), it will have been in the US for one month. Admittedly, it had to travel to the Midwest, not Arizona, but still, don't underestimate how long it takes these puppies to get places! They don't spend their whole time actually moving. 3 day wait here, 4 day wait there, it adds up!

· Registered
47 Posts
Because of the recall, do we know if all these vehicles will have been sitting for months (with a good chance for tire distortions or questionable 12V batteries), or could these have come off the production line?

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
Because of the recall, do we know if all these vehicles will have been sitting for months (with a good chance for tire distortions or questionable 12V batteries), or could these have come off the production line?
they were built post recall. VIN numbers less than 6000 to 7000 were pre-recall. The one I test drove had a VIN ending in 7176 and the dealer told me it required no fixes and it was a post recall build.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so another ship left this evening, 1645 Japan time, hope all you waiting owners have one of these, great looking car. I loved my 84 brat, never got stuck in the north east. hopefully there will be some advances when I come back to the states. I want to love this car, just 3 short comings that keep me away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts