Subaru Solterra Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
How are you finding out when your vehicle was in port and what train and truck they are on? Mine was also in port in Vancouver, WA, but I have no further information other than a 01/31 estimated delivery date as of a couple of weeks ago. VIN is also in the 11,000s.

Does the number here mean anything?
Port/Assembly VANCOUVER, WA
Deliver by/Carrier TRUCK / 601-601061

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
How are you finding out when your vehicle was in port and what train and truck they are on? Mine was also in port in Vancouver, WA, but I have no further information other than a 01/31 estimated delivery date as of a couple of weeks ago. VIN is also in the 11,000s.

My SA told me that the vehicle's status changed from "Scheduled" to "Shipped Rail" on January 10. The facility it's headed to (where the vehicles are trucked from) is a BNSF multi-modal site southwest of Chicago, so putting 2 + 2 I surmised that the car was being transported by BNSF until it gets to LPC (Logistics Park Chicago, actually in Elwood, IL). Per BNSF, the "transit time" to LPC is "10 days 8 hours" from Vancouver, WA.

The Carrier/truck info on my car's Monroney states the exact same info as yours. The company that trucks cars to my dealership is Cassens (I don't know if that's what the 601-601061 means).

If your dealership receives deliveries by Cassens, you can track them using this site: Cassens Transport

Once you know your dealership's number (you have to search by dealership name/partial name and "Subaru" for brand), you can see when deliveries are scheduled. But in my experience, they don't show up until the day the truck departs Elwood, which in the case of deliveries to Peoria, IL is the same day they're dropped at the dealership - so not a lot of advance warning.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
423 Posts

Sounds like your car came to the US on the Clover Ace shipment like mine and @JayEM’s did. My cars VIN is in the 10300s. Mine is currently on train to Ontario.

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
My SA told me that the vehicle's status changed from "Scheduled" to "Shipped Rail" on January 10. The facility it's headed to (where the vehicles are trucked from) is a BNSF multi-modal site southwest of Chicago, so putting 2 + 2 I surmised that the car was being transported by BNSF until it gets to LPC (Logistics Park Chicago, actually in Elwood, IL). Per BNSF, the "transit time" to LPC is "10 days 8 hours" from Vancouver, WA.

The Carrier/truck info on my car's Monroney states the exact same info as yours. The company that trucks cars to my dealership is Cassens (I don't know if that's what the 601-601061 means).

If your dealership receives deliveries by Cassens, you can track them using this site: Cassens Transport

Once you know your dealership's number (you have to search by dealership name/partial name and "Subaru" for brand), you can see when deliveries are scheduled. But in my experience, they don't show up until the day the truck departs Elwood, which in the case of deliveries to Peoria, IL is the same day they're dropped at the dealership - so not a lot of advance warning.
I see my dealership is receiving Subarus via Cassens on a regular basis. They got a shipment of Crosstreks and Outbacks from Elwood yesterday, so our cars are probably traveling together. I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area, so I would think mine will arrive the same day, too.

Also, that seems to be way more information than should actually be available publicly!

· Registered
114 Posts

The information on my window sticker is similar but the ending 6 digits are 601071. I googled theat number and got Intercity rather than Cassens. Based on JayEV's story I believe my Limited is also being transported on a train to to Chicago and trucked from there. I do not get the detailed info JayEV gets from his SA. I did get a delivery date of 02/05 today from my SA today and a VIN.

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
@KSchneider, my SA and I have a "special relationship". This will be his 4th Subaru sale to us. He randomly sends me texts and pictures on his days off and at night.

I got my VIN from him on January 4, about an hour after we had test driven a white Touring they had in stock. A few days later I was able to get my vehicle sticker online, and then a week ago my SA told me the car had begun its cross-country rail journey. The next info we/he will get will be that it's on the truck.

· Registered
114 Posts
@KSchneider, my SA and I have a "special relationship". This will be his 4th Subaru sale to us. He randomly sends me texts and pictures on his days off and at night.

I got my VIN from him on January 4, about an hour after we had test driven a white Touring they had in stock. A few days later I was able to get my vehicle sticker online, and then a week ago my SA told me the car had begun its cross-country rail journey. The next info we/he will get will be that it's on the truck.
You are lucky to have that interaction. We have bought 5 consexutive Outbacks from this same dealer and the latest one in 2020 from this current SA. Nevertheless I have had to ask for every piece of new information about the status of the order. I initiated the contact this morning thet resulted in the new delivery date and then in a second email the VIN. Asked twice already about the possibility of a lease to get the Fed Tax credit. Still no answer. I have no idea if he knows the shipping pattern but train to truck sounds very sensible. In 1976 I briefly worked for the company that transported all the cars and trucks via rail and truck from the giant Fremont CA GM factory (now Tesla) to dealers. Left that job quickly for a1-year Visiting Professofship at half the pay.

Service at this dealer is great.

· Registered
303 Posts
Picked up my new white touring this evening.

Last six digits are 01188x (x is suppressed digit for privacy).

Built date from the sticker on the driver‘s door jamb is: 12/22

It came on a ship and was offloaded around 11 Jan in Port Hueneme, California.

”Scheduled Date“ was 01/12/2023

Order “Estimated Arrival“ was 01/23/2023

Actually arrived on a truck (a couple of hours drive from Port Hueneme) on 01/17/2023.

There was only one technician certified on EVs, so there was a half day delay while he got to my car for the technical part of the PDI. Only then could they charge the car and they have only L2 chargers, so it added about 7 hours to the time.

The dealership is learning how much additional time to add to the “when your car will be ready” estimate.

Great job by Subaru of San Luis Obispo, an MSRP dealer.

Happy with the Toyota Motomachi plant fit and finish on the car. Awesome build quality.

For shame Tesla, for the fiasco that has been the past few years of cranking out cars and fixing them in the field (our extended family can attest to this, including a whole front clip that was built wonky). Tesla should be providing this level of builds.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts