Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
My last 5 are in this range 10200-10400 (for privacy I won’t give the exact number).
but mine is on a boat headed for Canada. Actually the Clover Ace which just docked in Canada. Should be driving by end of January or early February.
If the cars are built and shipped sequentially, that means my car was built before yours (089xx). If yours is already in North America.... (but maybe a different ship carries cars to the US vs Canada?).

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
423 Posts
I got my VIN today (also test drove one for the first time, a white Touring inventory car) and a "scheduled date" of January 11. I think that refers to the date the ship either arrives in port (Vancouver WA) or unloads. My delivery date is still January 31 - which I'm hoping means "some time in January" not literally the last day of the month.

My VIN ends 8911. I most likely won't know it's actual build date until it arrives at the dealership.
Interesting, your VIN is lower than mine.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
423 Posts
If the cars are built and shipped sequentially, that means my car was built before yours (089xx). If yours is already in North America.... (but maybe a different ship carries cars to the US vs Canada?).
Same ship. If you look at the Clover Aces route. It made some stops in the US ports (Vancouver) as well as Canada. Your car may already be on US soil. Maybe ours took the same trip across the ocean together 😁

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
Logical deduction, based on VINs reported, and general supply chain knowledge.

If someone can show me a VIN from post-recall that arrived in NA prior to Dec, then I will reevaluate. But the fact is that they don't ship vehicles in ones and twos. The whole production run gets shipped together (sorted by ultimate destination).

Couple that with the information from my dealer that Motomachi, which is a Toyota plant, is prioritizing Buzzforks over Solterras, and it's pretty iron-clad.
My dealer just got their demo and one customer vehicle, and the VINs ends in 54XX. According to them, mine is due at the end of January and the dealer just received my VIN. My assumption is that those will be the first post-recall builds. I'll try to get my VIN from my sales rep.

· Registered
18 Posts
Local dealer sold the 2nd Solterra pre-recall they got. They do have new VINs for post recall builds including what looks like would have been my original order. That would put it probably late this month or early next month when they arrive. The VINs ends in high 8000s and low 9000s.

· Registered
325 Posts
Local dealer sold the 2nd Solterra pre-recall they got. They do have new VINs for post recall builds including what looks like would have been my original order. That would put it probably late this month or early next month when they arrive. The VINs ends in high 8000s and low 9000s.
Just got the VIN for my Solterra with a 1/31 ETA. It's in the 11,000s!

· Registered
325 Posts
Congrats! One step closer! What's your color/trim?
Smoked Carbon, Limited. I've mentioned before that I purchased a Chevy Bolt EUV a few months ago, so I'm really on the fence about purchasing the Solterra now. Even the Bolt is lightyears better than an ICEV, so while we really loved a lot of things about the Solterra in our test drive yesterday, it's only incrementally better than the Bolt. And with new Bolts qualifying for the full $7,500 tax credit for at least the next couple of months, I fear the trade-in value of my Bolt has tanked.

I'll try to put a more detailed comparison in the test drive thread later.

· Registered
95 Posts
Woohoo that people seem to be getting post-recall vehicles! Congratulations.

Just curious, did everyone get an email from SOA with their VON first, then a second SOA email with their VIN? I have not gotten anything from SOA except my order confirmation about two weeks after I place my order. My dealer says my order should arrive in March.

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts

Just curious, did everyone get an email from SOA with their VON first, then a second SOA email with their VIN? I have not gotten anything from SOA except my order confirmation about two weeks after I place my order. My dealer says my order should arrive in March.
I got the VON letter, but nothing about the VIN. What I'm getting now is direct from my SA.

· Registered
325 Posts

I got the VON letter, but nothing about the VIN. What I'm getting now is direct from my SA.
Same. Interesting that there are a few with ETAs at the end of January, and everyone else seems to be March. I haven't heard February mentioned at all. Maybe they're building the Lexuses for a while now? A quick search of cars.com shows a bunch of bZ4Xs in the 7000s and 8000s. Makes sense that they'd run each vehicle in batches instead of together, I guess.

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Same. Interesting that there are a few with ETAs at the end of January, and everyone else seems to be March. I haven't heard February mentioned at all. Maybe they're building the Lexuses for a while now? A quick search of cars.com shows a bunch of bZ4Xs in the 7000s and 8000s. Makes sense that they'd run each vehicle in batches instead of together, I guess.
One of my dealership's March deliveries was just updated to January, the same time I got my VIN (I don't know what his VIN is). His was originally September (mine was August). The expectation is that 1 or 2 of the other March deliveries might end up becoming February deliveries.

I hear there's a Solterra with a Sold sign on it sitting at a dealership in southern Ontario, with a VIN in the 9000s. So the post-shutdown-built cars are definitely making it to places away from either coast.

· Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Just received VIN from SA. The original August delivery date had been changed to January and today it is Feb. 5. VIN is in 11,000's. Window sticker says it is in Vancover, WA and says Deliver by Carrier Truck with a number associated.
Neat!

Mine's about a week ahead of yours, departed Vancouver WA on January 10. My VIN is in the high 8,000s. ETA is still showing as January 31 (hoping for sooner, but not likely).

Per BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) the train takes 10.3 days to reach (outside) Chicago. I'm not sure if your car will be trucked from there to Ohio, seems quite possible.

· Registered
114 Posts
Yes very exciting. Our car is being trucked by Intercity Enclosed Auto Transport. I suppose at least as far as the factory in IN but that is a guess. Subaru seems to use that company regularly. My window sticker made no reference to using the train.

I am hoping for a post shutdown build.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts