Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
What is the build date?

I think it’s recent. The window sticker isn’t even available yet.

Yay, we’re getting to where nearly 10,000 have been produced, which is arbitrarily think they’ve gotten good at building them.

I was also worried that Toyota would be so focused on getting RZs ready in the pipeline that we wouldn’t see any more new Solterras built.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
My dealership's demo car (being delivered today) is 5223. I think it was built in November (but not certain - will check with my SA after it's unloaded).

Edit: pretty sure it was built after the shutdown ended.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
Anyone have a number greater than 8731? What are the demo cars showing at the dealers (VIN plus built date)?
My last 5 are in this range 10200-10400 (for privacy I won’t give the exact number).
but mine is on a boat headed for Canada. Actually the Clover Ace which just docked in Canada. Should be driving by end of January or early February.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
My dealership's demo car (being delivered today) is 5223. I think it was built in November (but not certain - will check with my SA after it's unloaded).

Edit: pretty sure it was built after the shutdown ended.
It appears that 5223 was built in late April (according to info on the VIN plate on the door jamb), so well before the shutdown.

Elsewhere on this forum a car was shown with a Japanese sticker showing 6571 (as in ...PA006571) built on/about June 1.
Font Rectangle Auto part Ticket Electric blue

· Registered
23 Solterra, 20 GR Supra
115 Posts
Yup, that's my car. Build date 05/22.
The 06/04 and 06/06 was the car arriving at various points on its journey from the factory to the port.
I suspect it left the factory June 1 (date on upper right hand of the shipping invoice)

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Yup, that's my car. Build date 05/22.
The 06/04 and 06/06 was the car arriving at various points on its journey from the factory to the port.
I suspect it left the factory June 1 (date on upper right hand of the shipping invoice)
Thanks. I didn't remember who had originally posted it. So I'm not seeing the build date itself anywhere on that sticker (makes sense as a shipping sticker).

When you say "05/22" (presumably from the car's VIN sticker on the door jamb?) that refers to May 2022, right? - not May 22, 2022?

I can confirm that those same stickers are present on cars being delivered to US dealerships.

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
It should be wherever the "maximum vehicle weight" sticker is (whatever that's called). On my 2021 Outback, it's at the base of the rear jamb of the driver's door opening - facing outward not forward as is the tire pressure sticker. On my BMW it's on the front jamb of the driver's door opening. Obv it varies from mfr to mfr. I believe it may be required to be near the driver's door, attached to the frame of the car.

· Registered
23 Solterra, 20 GR Supra
115 Posts
Thanks. I didn't remember who had originally posted it. So I'm not seeing the build date itself anywhere on that sticker (makes sense as a shipping sticker).

When you say "05/22" (presumably from the car's VIN sticker on the door jamb?) that refers to May 2022, right? - not May 22, 2022?

I can confirm that those same stickers are present on cars being delivered to US dealerships.

View attachment 1491
Yes, it reflects the month/year of manufacture

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
This car at my local dealership (not the one I do business with) appears to have been built on/about April 22, 2022 (possibly April 21). The VIN ends 003642.

Don't know if it's their loaner/demo or their first for-sale car. It's a Touring.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Font Gas Signage Auto part Automotive exterior

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
I think the first wave of "post recall shutdown" built cars just arrived to north america in Dec to be honest. I think all the deliveries we have seen so far in NA are from pre-shutdown.

· Registered
409 Posts
There’s a white Touring just like the one above )from @JayEM‘s posting) that arrived at my local dealership sometime within the last week or so… gray interior. AFAIK, it’s their second Solterra. Judging by the serial number range, I’m guessing both vehicles are “pre-recall” manufacture. I’m pretty sure this one is for sale and not their demo vehicle.

While I don’t yet have a VON on my order, I’m OK with not getting one of the “first run” vehicles, especially since I have alternate transportation available.

I’ve decided my “drop-dead” move-on-to-something-else date of not at least having a firm order status is the end of June 2023. The Solterra is my preferred vehicle… but, I’m just not gonna wait forever to get one.

· Super Moderator
416 Posts
I agree. I'm hoping mine (for January delivery - supposedly) was built post-shutdown, but I won't know for sure until it shows up.

My SA is "expecting" my VIN any day now.... but we'll see.
It definitely will be. My car just landed in Canada a few days ago (on the west coast, waiting to arrive in Ontario now). It was built post shutdown.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
I got my VIN today (also test drove one for the first time, a white Touring inventory car) and a "scheduled date" of January 11. I think that refers to the date the ship either arrives in port (Vancouver WA) or unloads. My delivery date is still January 31 - which I'm hoping means "some time in January" not literally the last day of the month.

My VIN ends 8911. I most likely won't know it's actual build date until it arrives at the dealership.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts