Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the bZ4X Multimedia Owner's Manual to see if it's the same as the SolterraCONNECT Owner's Manual (mostly copy and paste) and I couldn't look past this account registration logic (selective copy/paste from the Toyota manual below).

As a software developer, it seems like your whole life is looking for failure scenarios and making sure there's a way to prevent or recover from anything imaginable occurring.

So while this one failure is probably not that likely to happen, it's a funny logic circle to look at. I guess the funniest thing to me is the implied resolution of "drive your car somewhere else" that should be a part of the troubleshooting steps.

Line Font Parallel Circle Diagram

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was looking through the bZ4X Multimedia Owner's Manual to see if it's the same as the SolterraCONNECT Owner's Manual (mostly copy and paste) and I couldn't look past this account registration logic (selective copy/paste from the Toyota manual below).

As a software developer, it seems like your whole life is looking for failure scenarios and making sure there's a way to prevent or recover from anything imaginable occurring.

So while this one failure is probably not that likely to happen, it's a funny logic circle to look at. I guess the funniest thing to me is the implied resolution of "drive your car somewhere else" that should be a part of the troubleshooting steps.

View attachment 754
As I was reading this I was bracing myself for something along the lines of "Failed to complete registration - turn car off and on" haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.