Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
284 Posts
Interesting that a couple of the accessories shown in the US are not on the Canada website accessories. Like the illuminated side door sill plates and illuminated trunk sill. I probably would get the trunk one if it was available here. Might be an over the border trip for me eventually ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Subaru has the accessories really figured out well (and they’re much less expensive online at many dealers that have them discounted and don’t charge tax or shipping). I’m still amazed when I get something and the instructions point to a spot to drill a hole and there’s already a little recessed area that you would have sworn you should have seen before, or something like ”remove this panel and use the connector“ neatly tucked in a spot you’d never know was there.

And, for anyone with a non-HK stereo, DEFINITELY look for the Subaru speaker upgrade “accessory” (if you’re not going the 3rd party aftermarket route) -- you won’t be disappointed. I’m not sure how the stock speakers can even make sounds, the magnets are so tiny they barely hold up a paper clip.

The brochure also finally revealed the audio specifications as:
11-speaker, 576-watt equivalent Harman Kardon® premium audio system2 delivers crisp, clear sound.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The first full US Solterra brochure was posted on the Subaru of America web site this afternoon:
Love the charging warning:
Do not connect or disconnect the plug if your hands are wet, and do not get the plug or outlet
wet. Do not charge vehicle when there is possibility of lightning.
Reminds me of a letter I wrote to Subaru last year about the charging port (and door) not being protected from rain, snow, and ice storms for vehicles that need to charge outside (it's at an angle that essentially routes rain water directly into the electrical port). I also mentioned that the port should probably be on the other side (or a duplicate installed) so urban charging locations (street-side charging) wouldn't have to drag a charging cable over the hood or through the mud in front of the tires to keep their vehicles charged.

I think there are many winter charging horror stories from many brands that are just waiting to be told.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts