Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was curious. I received an email from my sales guy at "North Park Subaru" in San Antonio yesterday. Part of the email read:
"I was hoping to be able to tell you that your Solterra was going to be here at the end of the month. Unfortunately Subaru have moved the date to late December."
Just wanted to share the latest information I had.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just in case anyone was curious. I received an email from my sales guy at "North Park Subaru" in San Antonio yesterday. Part of the email read:
"I was hoping to be able to tell you that your Solterra was going to be here at the end of the month. Unfortunately Subaru have moved the date to late December."
Just wanted to share the latest information I had.
In contrast, when I first ordered my Solterra from a North Texas dealer, I was told that it would be delivered in October. I, too, received email from my sales guy this week, and the delivery date is unchanged. I still have only a VON.

Meanwhile, MINI sent me some mail recently and said that I need to start practicing waving and smiling at other MINI drivers. The estimated delivery date for my MINI Cooper SE is March. (I'm usually on my bicycle, so MINI drivers won't get confused when I wave at them.)

There's just one problem: in the last 30 days I've only seen five MINI cars...

It'll be interesting to see how power issues in the UK this winter affect manufacturing at Plant Oxford.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The end of December is my “decision date”, in that I’m willing to hang around and wait to see what happens the.rest of the year before bailing. If I don’t see some positive movement (vehicles being delivered to customers by then), I will most likely cancel my order and move on to another manufacturer’s model.

My view is that, if they aren’t delivering more than the odd unit here and there by the end of December, then they probably won’t be delivering any sizable product quantity until the Spring of 2023, at the earliest.

Many other manufacturers either are or will soon be coming on strong, both in new product as well as the ability to deliver an quantity, so it doesn’t make sense to continue waiting on a “vapor” product indefinitely.

I‘m fortunate in that I have a 2019 Forester Touring at the moment, so I’m in no immediate pressure to make any decisions at this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts