Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was curious. I received an email from my sales guy at "North Park Subaru" in San Antonio yesterday. Part of the email read:
"I was hoping to be able to tell you that your Solterra was going to be here at the end of the month. Unfortunately Subaru have moved the date to late December."
Just wanted to share the latest information I had.

· Registered
199 Posts
Just in case anyone was curious. I received an email from my sales guy at "North Park Subaru" in San Antonio yesterday. Part of the email read:
"I was hoping to be able to tell you that your Solterra was going to be here at the end of the month. Unfortunately Subaru have moved the date to late December."
Just wanted to share the latest information I had.
In contrast, when I first ordered my Solterra from a North Texas dealer, I was told that it would be delivered in October. I, too, received email from my sales guy this week, and the delivery date is unchanged. I still have only a VON.

Meanwhile, MINI sent me some mail recently and said that I need to start practicing waving and smiling at other MINI drivers. The estimated delivery date for my MINI Cooper SE is March. (I'm usually on my bicycle, so MINI drivers won't get confused when I wave at them.)

There's just one problem: in the last 30 days I've only seen five MINI cars...

It'll be interesting to see how power issues in the UK this winter affect manufacturing at Plant Oxford.

· Registered
413 Posts
The end of December is my “decision date”, in that I’m willing to hang around and wait to see what happens the.rest of the year before bailing. If I don’t see some positive movement (vehicles being delivered to customers by then), I will most likely cancel my order and move on to another manufacturer’s model.

My view is that, if they aren’t delivering more than the odd unit here and there by the end of December, then they probably won’t be delivering any sizable product quantity until the Spring of 2023, at the earliest.

Many other manufacturers either are or will soon be coming on strong, both in new product as well as the ability to deliver an quantity, so it doesn’t make sense to continue waiting on a “vapor” product indefinitely.

I‘m fortunate in that I have a 2019 Forester Touring at the moment, so I’m in no immediate pressure to make any decisions at this time.

· Registered
413 Posts
Unfortunately, as much as I really like the Solterra, I’m beginning to get a bit sour in my expectations, especially after reading several recent articles discussing how Toyota seems to have such a cavalier and undetermined attitude/approach regarding the EV market.

While I understand Subaru is not Toyota, as far as the EV universe goes, they’re joined at the hip for the next few years…and Toyota is the one driving the bus.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just visited my dealer and it is not good news. He called his area sales representative in my presence. According to this person, the prototype car with the fix began testing 15 days ago. They might finish this only in December, and the delivery will be a few months after that. The hope to get a car EOY looks very bleak :(.

· Registered
182 Posts
I just visited my dealer and it is not good news. He called his area sales representative in my presence. According to this person, the prototype car with the fix began testing 15 days ago. They might finish this only in December, and the delivery will be a few months after that. The hope to get a car EOY looks very bleak :(.
This smells like a case of "I don't know the answer, but I can make up something thst sounds convincing!" Or it's a desire to sound important by making the listener believe you have inside information that no one else is privy to. How many conspiracy theories work.

Seeing as this is totally at odds with the press release Toyota put out when they announced the fix. They said they expected to be retrofitting the fix to previously-produced vehicles "by November". You don't announce that you have determined a fix and ordered parts if you haven't tested it yet and aren't sure it works. Best I can say about that answer is it might have been accurate in mid-August. You can bet that after all the face they lost (which is EXTREMELY Important to the Japanese) on this initial launch, they wouldn't be making announcements like that if they weren't pretty darned certain they could deliver on it. Another "Ooops, never mind" would just further tarnish their corporate image.

Supposedly, Motomachi Line #1 went into a run or the re-engineered vehicles last Monday, although whether thst actually happened and whether it was Buzzforks or Solterras I don't know.

· Registered
413 Posts
I agree. Both Toyota and Subaru held information “close to their vest” pretty much since the recall was announced…so I take comments from sales reps and their associates with a grain of salt.

It would seem idiotic to announce a “fix” and publish the details of the “fix” before feeling very comfortable with the solution…not when you’re just beginning to test the resolution to the problem.

It may well be the sales rep was restating information he had been told, but that’s a far cry from that information being accurate.

· Registered
413 Posts
I spoke with my dealership salesperson today, and he said that while Subaru has been releasing bits of information on the recall “fix” (which he said was pretty much what’s already out on the Internet), it really hasn’t released any information yet on when dealers should expect vehicle deliveries to begin.

He said he expects something soon, but was non-committed as to an exact date on when that will be.

· Registered
45 Posts
My dealer emailed me and told me their demo will arrive sometime in January. She didn't mention when mine would be delivered. I assume it would be around the same time? Who knows, maybe Subaru is delaying the release as they are trying to figure out how to offer us additional incentives knowing it no longer qualifies for the tax credit.

· Registered
4 Posts
I was in desperate need of a car, hence got a Chevy Bolt EUV. It is a bit small, but will be an excellent commuter car. If you are in NJ, there is a 4k discount at point of sale from their NJ Clean Energy grant. Got the car at MSRP, with decent options it was $28k out of the door. It was great following this forum, enjoy your car when you get them in 23. I am now looking towards my VF8 from Vinfast for my second EV.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts