Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

A new Toyota EV has been spotted testing at Toyota's European design center. It looks like Toyota's Small SU EV concept they revealed a while back.

I wonder if this means that Subaru is going to get its own EV like this?

· Registered
23 Solterra, 20 GR Supra
115 Posts
So far the world has seen two ToyoBarus - two more than I would have thought possible just 10 years ago.
I agree it is unlikely Toyota will give Subaru another EV, but the auto landscape is different these days.
If Subaru is to survive going forward, it is going to need support in developing an EV line-up.
Even Honda has had to hook up with GM to bring their first EV to the showroom - and that's another alliance that would have been unheard of just a few years ago.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
So far the world has seen two ToyoBarus - two more than I would have thought possible just 10 years ago.
I agree it is unlikely Toyota will give Subaru another EV, but the auto landscape is different these days.
If Subaru is to survive going forward, it is going to need support in developing an EV line-up.
Even Honda has had to hook up with GM to bring their first EV to the showroom - and that's another alliance that would have been unheard of just a few years ago.
Though there is a history of Honda and GM cooperating. In the early/mid 2000s Honda provided Pilot/Odyssey V6 engines to GM for use in the Saturn Vue.

· Registered
23 Solterra, 20 GR Supra
115 Posts
The two formed a strategic alliance to develop hydrogen fuel-cell technology in 2013. I vaguely remember them collaborating on autonomous vehicles as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts