Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
So, they're running the line from 8/15 thru 8/19. Is that how long they need to run to generate two month's (July and August) worth of Mirai? Or, are they planning (hoping?) for a test run of bZ4X/Solterra with new parts/procedures/inspections?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, they're running the line from 8/15 thru 8/19. Is that how long they need to run to generate two month's (July and August) worth of Mirai? Or, are they planning (hoping?) for a test run of bZ4X/Solterra with new parts/procedures/inspections?
Note above tables in article:

From August 13 to 21 will be non-working days on the annual calendar due to consecutive summer holidays
It's truly the entire month of August at this point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is definitely unwelcome news, and a shame really considering the number of other manufacturers EVs that may have increased availability before the Solterra ever actually reaches US dealerships. Financial markets continue to worsen and I imagine a number of folks may have a greater hesitation to based on interest rates in Q4 if they planned to pull the trigger in Aug/Sep. I was personally hoping to have a couple of months of electric usage data available as a part of getting a solar array installed before winter hits here and pushes things into 2023. Illinois has a limitation that caps solar installs at 110% of average consumption

I wish that Subaru/Toyota were using this opportunity to improve the offering by improving the charging standard or adding power adjustable passenger seat, and rear AC outlet - but pretty sure we won't be that lucky.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is definitely unwelcome news, and a shame really considering the number of other manufacturers EVs that may have increased availability before the Solterra ever actually reaches US dealerships. Financial markets continue to worsen and I imagine a number of folks may have a greater hesitation to based on interest rates in Q4 if they planned to pull the trigger in Aug/Sep. I was personally hoping to have a couple of months of electric usage data available as a part of getting a solar array installed before winter hits here and pushes things into 2023. Illinois has a limitation that caps solar installs at 110% of average consumption

I wish that Subaru/Toyota were using this opportunity to improve the offering by improving the charging standard or adding power adjustable passenger seat, and rear AC outlet - but pretty sure we won't be that lucky.
Maybe they will push the 11KW charger (for Level 2) ahead of schedule. Currently 6.6KW but a news story from several months ago stated that they were going to 11KW chargers in the Fall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought the 11kW was 3-phase only (so not North America)?
That I'm not sure of. Just remember seeing it in the new story several months ago. I don't know of any 3 phase 11KW level 2 chargers so it may be other countries.

Edit: You are correct. Sorry about that (at least for North America).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are cars in the NA market with 11kW but they all use 240v L2, not 380v, so the amperage is higher (would be about 48 amp so 60 amp 240v breaker).
Thanks for that. My charger is good for 40A (50A breaker - wish I would have put a 60 in now but my box is old and strange and very hard / expensive to find breakers for so I'm not upgrading unless I feel it will help. I don't think I'll notice the difference in all honestly. Just charge it up all night lol).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for that. My charger is good for 40A (50A breaker - wish I would have put a 60 in now but my box is old and strange and very hard / expensive to find breakers for so I'm not upgrading unless I feel it will help. I don't think I'll notice the difference in all honestly. Just charge it up all night lol).
I've been using a 16 amp EVSE for the past 5+ years, without issue. Admittedly my current car's battery isn't huge (44 kWh) but I can easily charge it to full from almost empty in the time it sits in the garage overnight. My circuit has a 50 amp breaker, so imagine I'll update to a 40 amp EVSE at some point. "If my Solterra ever arrives" LOL.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been using a 16 amp EVSE for the past 5+ years, without issue. Admittedly my current car's battery isn't huge (44 kWh) but I can easily charge it to full from almost empty in the time it sits in the garage overnight. My circuit has a 50 amp breaker, so imagine I'll update to a 40 amp EVSE at some point. "If my Solterra ever arrives" LOL.
We only have a Rav4 Prime so didn't need the Level2 charger at all but decided to get one since the tax credit (30% of charger and installation (including materials) costs) was expiring last year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts