Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same thing here. I never saw caps on BZ4X and Solterra. That said, just switching from bolts to nuts is clearly not the solution based on the latest news from Toyota that no remedy was still found...

·
Registered
355 Posts
The 2 wheel pictures are both fake wheel covers, you can see the huge cutout for the valve stem. They are probably just 2 different prototypes of what they will ship with; one with fake bolts, and one with fake allen head bolts. It's possible the actual bolts are showing through cutouts as well with the 2 cars using different types of lug bolts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Same thing here. I never saw caps on BZ4X and Solterra. That said, just switching from bolts to nuts is clearly not the solution based on the latest news from Toyota that no remedy was still found...
I’m not sure Toyota would tell anything until the solution is fully in place, not just developed. The process and testing to make this change would be very extensive and require quite a bit of review , outside inspection and outside approval.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 2 wheel pictures are both fake wheel covers, you can see the huge cutout for the valve stem. They are probably just 2 different prototypes of what they will ship with; one with fake bolts, and one with fake allen head bolts. It's possible the actual bolts are showing through cutouts as well with the 2 cars using different types of lug bolts.
damnit man, don’t rain on our parade lol! 👀🤔😁

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think these are wheel covers. These are 18 inches wheels and if I remember, Solterra with 18 inches wheels are equipped with covers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Photos suggest that these are air rims to save weight / battery life. I admit that I don’t know what an air rim is. Aerodynamic? Hollow like bZ4x to save weight?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts