Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scanning the high-resolution photos on Subaru's Media site, trying to see what size tires come with the 20 and 19-inch wheels (unsuccessfully).

Anybody know what the tire sizes will be?

·
Registered
Vancouver, 2018 Crosstrek Limited
236 Posts
On my Crosstrek, I had to go up one size so I could use K02s on 17" OEM rims. Went from 225/60 R17 to 225/65 R17. That was an increase of 1" diameter and raised the clearance from 8.7" to 9.2". No lift needed and no rubbing. Been off roading them in the summer for 4 years now, and works great. My son has a Forester and was also able to go up one size similarly.

So I suspect we should be able to do the same thing with the Solterra, and raise the clearance by .5" to 8.8" which would be quite respectable. We also need to know stock OEM offsets and bolt pattern specs, if we want to use diff rims. Being a heavier vehicle, the Solterra likely has larger calipers, and need to be sure sufficient clearance for them.

The suspension is a question, too. The new Crosstrek and Forester (not the old ones) have very sturdy long travel suspensions which work very well on rough roads. They are soft on top, making for a smooth glide over the smaller bumps and washboard, but also long travel to handle the bigger bumps and potholes. Hope the Solterra is the same. I sure hope they didn't choose the Rav4 type suspension, because it doesn't work nearly as good off road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts