Yeah, and you guys guys still have a lot of free L3s up there (BC Hydro). #2 is great for you. I am #7 at my local Subaru dealer (Langley) and #5 at Toyota (also Langley). Hoping to get one before the end of the year. I sold my Kona EV a month ago, maybe a little early, but wanted to take advantage of the good used price ($5K more than I paid for it 3 years ago). I expect used prices to drop, once this backlog of chips and batteries starts to clear up, probably next year.You are not helping. LOL. I've wasted so much energy debating with myself on that point. I'm #2 on the list here in PG so I think I can get one this year. And what you're saying sounds good, but... 1) driving existing ICE costs an extra $4K or so per year, 2) price by the time I could get one will probably be another 5-10K higher given inflation, and 3) if said additional choices aren't even announced yet... how many years until you could actually drive one? Doesn't sound like supply issues are ending any time soon.
It's a tough decision. But I'm leaning towards the Solterra this year even with all its compromises. Practically speaking, its biggest weakness (DCFC speed) is not an issue up here in the north since all the public chargers max at 50 kW anyway.
I'm betting the market will hold up so I won't lose too much if I trade "up" in a few years.
I am way down the list on my Ioniq 5 orders, and probably won't see that one until very late 2023 or 2024. But if I can get the Solterra, I can wait. I need at least one EV, to escape these crazy gas prices here in Vancouver. Also am on the list for a Silverado EV, #92 on that one.