·
Registered
Ford F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach E
3 Posts

·
Registered
Ford F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach E
3 Posts
A huge grain of salt definitely needs to be taken with an article like this. What brings a F-150 Lightning and Mach-E owner to the forum? Looking to get another EV?
Our daughter and her wife have a Solterra on order. As a big EV-enthusiast, I figured I'd learn what I could about their EV choice. I'm active on Mach E and Lightning forums.

·
Administrator
172 Posts
@poodlemaster, he said he was on their forums, not that he has a set of keys for the lightning... ;)

·
Administrator
172 Posts
@Bam, you can watch all you want... The sharing is caring does not apply to TFL though. :popcorn:

·
Administrator
172 Posts
I see no shaming in his statement. A tongue in cheek prodding perhaps.

Reactions: n6nl

·
Registered
39 Posts
Offensive language - 1.3
The Lightning apart from its short bed etc, is by far the best tailgate party device in existence. The AC in the back is great for this. Its interesting that the Solterra has an AC outlet, as that probably means they all have inverter/chargers for the level 3 charging.

Edited by Administrator

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why is there discussion on 2027 vehicles, when the 2023 is stuck.
Because it will be 2027 before we get the Solterra 😂😂
I called my dealership last week and they transferred me to a dead line. That's about how I feel about this entire mess. And now the wait for any other EV SUV is 9 to 12 months unless you have a reservation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The EV game is one of competitiveness, not so much one of catch-up.

Unless there’s some sort of major, unforeseen breakthrough in the near future, I would suggest any current manufacturer not actively delivering vehicles in the EV market by the end of 2024 will have all but condemned themselves to a death by suicide… and it probably won’t be a slow death, but come relatively quickly.

Sears was considered the unquestioned mail-order king for almost a Century, and adapted to several radical changes during that time. Then came along Walmart and Amazon and the like, adapting to and learning how to effectively use the Internet, while Sears did little to adapt. Sears is gone now.

Whike Sears certainly had other issues that contributed to its downfall, it was Amazon that drove the final nail into their coffin…

Resisting the EV market and/or being to slow to grab a foothold in it will be costly for those manufacturers that don’t take that path..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wait are people actually dissing the F150 Lightning in this thread? I’ll admit I didn’t read the entire thread to follow the back and forth, just a a few comments.

the lightning is an awesome EV and if they could make 500k of them per year I bet they would sell every single one. Sure towing range sucks, but all EV towing range sucks (currently)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts