Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts

He says he has many years of automotive journalism experience but I can't seem to find any credible sources attached to his name from a search on. Google. He does have A LOT of ads on the website.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
215 Posts
Since there was no reference to the cited click-bait in the OP, there was no way for many of us to connect the two. Hence, my question asking what the question was about. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
... Should linking a Torque Fake News article result in a timeout? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Oh, come on..
Aside from the owner and his son (that has no grammatical talent), these are just people trying to eek out a living by writing stories. Unfortunately, the pay is only based on Google analytics showing views and comments so some people discard the factual reporting approach in order to increase views and comments with more contentious titles and content -- especially when there is essentially nothing relevant or interesting going on in the industry (or published by various manufacturers).

And just a suggestion for looking at Torque News content (because I've been reading articles on their site for many years); go read the cited source and maybe bring a quote from that into a conversation here instead of the overly-dramatic wording from the Torque News author. :)

·
Administrator
172 Posts
There's another Subaru forum that has the same joke with any linked video from The Fast Lane. :geek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is the Solterra?
So far it's been delayed indefinitely. Toyota really screwed up this time. Allegedly Toyota engineers don't have a clue on how to fix the hub/lug bolt issue according to sources. So no Solterra or BZ4X can be driven or delivered. My sales associate told me my Solterra is due to arrive on September 15th. I doubt that will happen. I'm now considering ans Outback Wilderness Edition.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’d suggest the idea that Toyota engineers don’t have a clue on how to fix the issue really isn’t exactly that, but more of they’re finding it difficult to make it work living economically within the constraints of the existing wheel attachment design structure (using lug bolts .vs. more traditional wheel studs/lug nuts).

This is, without question, a fixable problem. At some point, if Toyota can’t figure out a cost-effective fix using the lug bolt design, they can simply and easily migrate the vehicle back to the traditional wheel attachment setup the rest of their vehicle lineup utilizes.

If they don’t have a reasobnable/reliable fix in place by the end of September, my prediction is that’s exactly what will happen. Toyota can’t just sit on this indefinitely…

Assuming this issue is the real and actual snag in vehicle production. Some othe issue may yet bubble up to the surface.

We just have to wait and see…

·
Registered
202 Posts
Agree. There's a delicate dance of some people trying not to lose their jobs while suggesting money-losing alternatives to "slap some bondo on it and call it good".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where is the Solterra?
I’d suggest the idea that Toyota engineers don’t have a clue on how to fix the issue really isn’t exactly that, but more of they’re finding it difficult to make it work living economically within the constraints of the existing wheel attachment design structure (using lug bolts .vs. more traditional wheel studs/lug nuts).

This is, without question, a fixable problem. At some point, if Toyota can’t figure out a cost-effective fix using the lug bolt design, they can simply and easily migrate the vehicle back to the traditional wheel attachment setup the rest of their vehicle lineup utilizes.

If they don’t have a reasobnable/reliable fix in place by the end of September, my prediction is that’s exactly what will happen. Toyota can’t just sit on this indefinitely…

Assuming this issue is the real and actual snag in vehicle production. Some othe issue may yet bubble up to the surface.

We just have to wait and see…
Well put! I'm just less than pleased with this situation. I placed a $500 deposit down on a Solterra back in November of 2021 with a dealer that is a 2 hour drive from where I live. Then ofcourse the $250 deposit with Subaru bach in February for the reservation. I've been following the development of the now named Solterra since 2018. This is just very discouraging. I speak for myself but I can't be the only one that feels this way. We're in a recession and the cost of this vehicle is going up and up due to increasing interest rates. We'll, I guess it is what it is! I thank you for your perspective and opinion. The engineers will definitely get this resolved.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts