Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting couple months with reservation, finally price announced for the Solterra. A Dealership called me to convert reservation into the order. Seems Napleton dealership of Rockford, IL is trying to milk the money due to high demands as they asked for $7500 market adjustment. Although, price is higher than expected starting at 40k and adding more to it not sure if I should move forward . Should I get the car or let go reservation?

·
Registered
167 Posts
After waiting couple months with reservation, finally price announced for the Solterra. A Dealership called me to convert reservation into the order. Seems Napleton dealership of Rockford, IL is trying to milk the money due to high demands as they asked for $7500 market adjustment. Although, price is higher than expected starting at 40k and adding more to it not sure if I should move forward . Should I get the car or let go reservation?
Basically, they want your federal tax rebate. Too bad if you don't have enough tax liability to receive the full $7500.

·
60 Posts
Basically, they want your federal tax rebate. Too bad if you don't have enough tax liability to receive the full $7500.
I seriously think these dealers with ADMs are going to be suffering in the future. SOA holds the reservations so they will see how many reservations holders cancel their spots for every dealership. Come 2024, they might lower the allotment for the naughty dealerships. SOA can't force them to not have ADMs but they might limit the number of future vehicles. The dealerships are hurting the brand, not SOA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sry to hear that. but really feeling that "Love Promise" SOA bs right now. ;) lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
It doesn’t cost you anything to order one and you may get greater satisfaction from walking away after they have spent their time and money catering to you before delivery. There’s always a chance they could change their mind in the meantime, through either a change of heart for ethical reasons or harsh criticism from Subaru. Either way you should voice your anger to Subaru Customer Support and not just in this forum.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring, 2022 Kia Ev6 Wind AWD w/ Tech pkg
57 Posts
I know Bensenville isn't close to the Rockford area, but the last time I spoke to them they noted that they wouldn't be charging a ADM and didn't really have a wait list. Although they didn't know how unused reservation were going to work. And it seems we found out how Napleton is recouping their $10 million fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It doesn’t cost you anything to order one and you may get greater satisfaction from walking away after they have spent their time and money catering to you before delivery. There’s always a chance they could change their mind in the meantime, through either a change of heart for ethical reasons or harsh criticism from Subaru. Either way you should voice your anger to Subaru Customer Support and not just in this forum.
You can certainly wait until the end of the reservation order period and see if they change their mind. I don't think ordering the car and then declining delivery sounds like it will hurt them much -- you'll just leave them with a car on their lot that they can sell for as much as they want. If you allow your reservation to lapse, they'll either move on to the next person on the waitlist, which would be good for the person who wanted to purchase a Solterra, or they'll lose their allocation, which definitely would hurt the dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’d walk away - unless you’re someone that has to have the first.

test drove a Mach e gt this weekend. Dealer said significant ADM for the two on the lot but if you order, they do not charge any additional fees. Checking out the polestar and Xc 40 this weekend. Curious if they add anything to the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts