Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone opted for Subaru Gold? I can't get the details on it from our dealer other than, . . . "It’s Subaru Added Security since you only get a 3 yr or 36 k warranty, it actually functions Better than what comes with the car as it fixes thinking that are not working correctly rather then waiting for it to fail plus guarantees loaner, roadside assistance and travel assistance."

I generally don't purchase things like extended warranties, but with a first generation vehicle I'm curious if many of you are purchasing it.

· Registered
65 Posts
I got a dealer provided gold plan and expendables plan as well.
Reasoning behind this is that there's a LOT of tech in this thing that can go bad, get bricked by an update, etc. Almost any replacement will cost beaucoup money unless its covered by an extended warranty.

· Registered
6 Posts
I did the same thing for the same reasons. I normally avoid extended warranties, but enough unknowns here in the 1st model year, a no brainer for me. However, I reserve the right to grumble when it likely turns out some years down the road I didn't need it. ;)

· Registered
44 Posts
Hi all, There are different options for Subaru added security (SAS) gold plus. Saying $5500 doesnt mean anything (except that it's overpriced either way) without the mileage, years, and deductible. The price I got for 7/100k with $0 deductible was $2000 USD. However... I'm interested in the longest available warranty. 7/100k might be the longest available for the Solterra.

· Registered
47 Posts
Ideally wiring it within the frame so it can draw power from the vehicle itself, similar to my Crosstrek. Just not sure whether the interior of an EV would be so different from an ICE Subie that it would be prohibitive.

· Registered
23 Posts
I also am looking for the gold extended warranty from Subaru. Emailed 7 dealerships in my state (there is some ambiguity about purchasing from out of state). Only 2 replied. One had the same price as the dealership I purchased the car from and the other was almost $800 less. So it may pay to shop around - I haven't decided when to purchase.

~$2700 for 8yr, 80K, $100 deductable (Quote from my dealership and one other dealership)
~$1900 for 8yr, 80K, $0 deductable (Quote from a third dealership)

Probably waiting a few months to get a feel for how many miles we will put on the car.

· Registered
5 Posts
I got the Subaru Gold Plus for $3795. My concern was also that this is the first year of this model with such extensive new electronics, that I decided the peace of mind was worth it. Perhaps I could have negotiated a lower price but I didn't do that.

· Registered
112 Posts
I am another who has never considered these before but wondering now about the new model issue. This is already VERY informative. Please kep sharing especially info on actual offers. Does trim level play any part in the different offers?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts