Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the owner's manual:

"SUBARU also does not recommend the installation of a tow hitch or the use of a tow hitch carrier for a wheelchair, scooter, bicycle, etc."

I'm surprised that the activity hitch is available as an option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
From the owner's manual:

"SUBARU also does not recommend the installation of a tow hitch or the use of a tow hitch carrier for a wheelchair, scooter, bicycle, etc."

I'm surprised that the activity hitch is available as an option.
Getting Started Guide has the text listed below. Maybe they'll proofread all the literature for the 2024 model year!

TRAILER TOWING CAPACITY
An Activity Mount is available to mount bike carriers. However, your Subaru is neither
designed nor intended to be used for trailer towing. Therefore, never tow a trailer with your
vehicle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Getting Started Guide has the text listed below. Maybe they'll proofread all the literature for the 2024 model year!

TRAILER TOWING CAPACITY
An Activity Mount is available to mount bike carriers. However, your Subaru is neither
designed nor intended to be used for trailer towing. Therefore, never tow a trailer with your
vehicle.
I’m really baffled by this. The torque available using an electric motor seems a natural fit for light-weight towing. Perhaps whatever mechanism allows independent wheel power for each side during X-mode is susceptible to damage over a certain weight threshold.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll bet they just haven't tested the gear reduction, axle, and wheel bearing capabilities enough to come up with any reliable numbers on what stresses the vehicle can endure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts