Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the case for a next-gen Baja that rides on the the Solterra EV SUV platform.

Should they do it?

"The Japanese automaker could give its customers the traditional Subaru go-anywhere capabilities and an all-electric compact Baja pickup vehicle. It could be manufactured right alongside the new 2023 Solterra in Gunma, Japan.

The all-new, all-electric Baja could feature the brand’s core values of safety, fun-to-drive, all-weather capable, off-pavement ready, and a low center-of-gravity. The new all-electric Baja pickup would be rugged and off-pavement ready.

The new Baja pickup would have the ability to get away from civilization and feature extra ground clearance. It could come with dual-function X-Mode with deep snow and mud settings, having a low center of gravity for improved performance while navigating steep trails.

Subaru should bring back the Baja in an electrified platform but don’t look for one anytime soon. Subaru has the next-generation WRX and STI and the 2023 Solterra as its priorities before producing a new compact pickup."

·
Registered
16 Posts
I liked the Baja a lot. I would consider an electric version of it for my car so long as my wife still had the larger 3-row SUV for family vacations and stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's the case for a next-gen Baja that rides on the the Solterra EV SUV platform.

Should they do it?

"The Japanese automaker could give its customers the traditional Subaru go-anywhere capabilities and an all-electric compact Baja pickup vehicle. It could be manufactured right alongside the new 2023 Solterra in Gunma, Japan.

The all-new, all-electric Baja could feature the brand’s core values of safety, fun-to-drive, all-weather capable, off-pavement ready, and a low center-of-gravity. The new all-electric Baja pickup would be rugged and off-pavement ready.

The new Baja pickup would have the ability to get away from civilization and feature extra ground clearance. It could come with dual-function X-Mode with deep snow and mud settings, having a low center of gravity for improved performance while navigating steep trails.

Subaru should bring back the Baja in an electrified platform but don’t look for one anytime soon. Subaru has the next-generation WRX and STI and the 2023 Solterra as its priorities before producing a new compact pickup."

With Hyundai and Ford kickstarting the small pickup truck revival with the Santa Cruz and Maverick it could be possible for Subaru to revive the Baja name. I'm skeptical that they would actually green light the project but it'd be cool if they did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts