Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Sacramento area here. Dealer sent me an email a few weeks ago informing me they hope to receive some Solterras around the 3rd week of December. I asked her where I was in the line of reservations to gauge if I should expect it in December. She said it doesn't work like that and they are receiving their first batch in one trim level.

· Registered
4 Posts
Sacramento area here. Dealer sent me an email a few weeks ago informing me they hope to receive some Solterras around the 3rd week of December. I asked her where I was in the line of reservations to gauge if I should expect it in December. She said it doesn't work like that and they are receiving their first batch in one trim level.
So, you put in an order but "it doesn't work like that"? And "receiving their first batch in one trim level". Wow. It sounds as if our orders are merely wishes and not actual orders. Going to go look at other cars as this is just getting to be too much. Not sure if it is worth the wait at this point.

· Registered
409 Posts
RE: Ordering a Solterra…

It’s definitely turned into a grind of endurance. But, on the bright side, until Solterras start delivering in amounts more than an extreme few per month for the entire USA, it really doesn’t make any difference if vehicles are delivered in batches of same-model vehicles or as individually-placed orders.

Either way, getting one is a bit like winning the Powerball lotto…

· Registered
45 Posts
What keeps me on the "line" with my dealer is that they do not add any mark ups to their vehicles. Looking at other EVs, the wait time for those are at least 2-3 months and with possible markups. Even with a January delivery date, I'll be better off waiting for the Solterra rather than going ID4, Ionic 5, or EV6. Besides, I very much prefer how the Solterra looks over the other EV options.

· Registered
5 Posts
What keeps me on the "line" with my dealer is that they do not add any mark ups to their vehicles. Looking at other EVs, the wait time for those are at least 2-3 months and with possible markups. Even with a January delivery date, I'll be better off waiting for the Solterra rather than going ID4, Ionic 5, or EV6. Besides, I very much prefer how the Solterra looks over the other EV options.
There are so many variables between order and delivery that it is impossible to know where the problem lies.

· Registered
60 Posts
I don’t know. Here in the NE there are a few dealers with MSRP for ID4 Pro S AWDs. 2023s get $7500k tax rebate too

· Registered
186 Posts
Drove one today. Very pleased and told my sales manager ...SOLD. Hopefully this year, I am #11 on our list in Nanaimo BC Canada.

We will basically get what we are given. They are trying to match up preferences given, but there will be very few base models. So understanding the situation, I told my sales manager, that I would take the first Luxury that I can get, regardless of colour. ;)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you. I’d like to know when you get yours.

· Registered
45 Posts
If you don't mind the drive, Sangera Subaru in Bakersfield has a Limited in Harbor Mist coming on 12/27. And it's available. I also inquired about potentially shipping the car to Sacramento and it costs $1000. I was considering it...but it's either a 4.5 hour drive or $1000 to ship. None of which is appealing to me.

· Registered
45 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer that the demo arrived today. I have a test drive scheduled for the 20th. I could do it sooner but the wife is out of town and she wants to check it out. No idea when the actual solterras will arrive… but It’s progress

1 - 19 of 19 Posts