Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
My own concern with the aftermarket is that they aren't going to fit the ball lug bolts that we have. Can you confirm these have ball seat? because they look like flat seat that Toyota used to use.

I might be going with the Gen2 NX rims. They use ball Lug Bolt. It probably isn't cheap, but I got quoted for $2900+tax for a full set (rim, TPMS, Tires) of Blizzak. or $1500 for just rims and TPMS.

· Registered
32 Posts
I might see if I can get the dealer to install the wheels to mitigate against any issue if there’s a problem later on they blame it on the wheels or whoever installed them.
I tried, but my dealer is unwilling to put anything on the car that didn't come from Subaru Canada.

Thanks, this is the first time I have seen them. I was just going by data.
I am going to drop by a lexus dealer after to see if they can show me the rims and see if the ball seat is the same.

TPMS - Are solterra using Toyota/Lexus TPMS or Subaru TPMS?

· Registered
32 Posts
@Patrick
Absolutely agree with you. I hate it and this is the ONLY thing I hate about the car (all others I can overlook) and the whole purchasing process.

Since Subaru's official opinion is to keep using OEM wheels, I am not going to encourage anyone to get aftermarket wheels.
But if you do, Toyota has the TPMS that will work out of the box. Don't get aftermarket because they can't program it yet.

· Registered
32 Posts
Actually, I would be careful with the assumption that aftermarket wheels approved for new NX have the ball seat. I went to the dealer and they said the aftermarket rims they approved for new NX doesn't use ball seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts