Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I didn't want to click on a random link on the internet, but it did jog my memory that Owner's Manuals are available on the Online Reference section of the Subaru STIS.

It's available under the category "Owner's Manual" under 2023 Solterra. Thanks for linking!

·
Registered
164 Posts
View attachment 687
The sales person from my dealership was kind enough to forward me the owners manual. This thing is huge, and it has a ton of info. I haven't read through much of it yet. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

PDF link
The link worked for me @newGuy1 thanks a lot for sharing this! I compressed the file so @PilotEV and others can download it.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I find this part interesting:

■ Capacity reduction of the trac- tion battery
The capacity of the traction battery will decline gradually when the trac- tion battery is in use. The rate at which it declines will differ in accor- dance with environmental conditions and the way in which the vehicle is used. Observing the following can help suppress the decline in the traction battery capacity.
●Avoid parking the vehicle in high temperature areas, under direct sunlight when the traction battery is fully charged.
●Avoid accelerating and decelerat- ing frequently and suddenly.
●Avoid frequent driving at high speed.
●Use the charging schedule func- tion as much as possible in order to fully charged the traction bat- tery before starting off. (P.116)
Inspecting the AC charging cable
Electric Vehicle system

102 2-2. Charging
●Avoid frequent DC charging Also, if the capacity of the traction
battery capacity reduces, the dis- tance that can be driven decreases. However, vehicle performance does not significantly become worse.

Almost seems like they want you to charge to full. Possible they offset the buffers, meaning lower buffer to 0% is less than the buffer to 100%?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I appreciate you posting this @newGuy1 This appears to be the Getting Started Guide rather than the Full Owner's Manual as in the thread title. You may want to consider changing the title of the post so as not to confuse things when the owner's manual becomes available.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I appreciate you posting this @newGuy1 This appears to be the Getting Started Guide rather than the Full Owner's Manual as in the thread title. You may want to consider changing the title of the post so as not to confuse things when the owner's manual becomes available.
The owner's manual is already available at @PilotEV's link. From that page, click "Online Reference" then choose 2023, "Solterra", "BEV, SST, eAWD", then click Search.
There are currently 4 downloadable documents for the Solterra:

Quick Start Guide
Getting Started Guide
SolterraCONNECT Subaru Multimedia Guide
Owner's Manual

·
Registered
593 Posts
I didn't want to click on a random link on the internet, but it did jog my memory that Owner's Manuals are available on the Online Reference section of the Subaru STIS.

It's available under the category "Owner's Manual" under 2023 Solterra. Thanks for linking!
That link requires a login with email and password. Looks like you need to have a paid subscription to something to access it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Almost seems like they want you to charge to full. Possible they offset the buffers, meaning lower buffer to 0% is less than the buffer to 100%?
You would charge to 100% at home before starting out on your trip. You generally would not charge over 80% thereafter on the trip unless seriously necessary, or unless you're charging overnight at a level 2 hotel destination charger, since charging high up in the pack has a very tapered charging speed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The owner's manual is already available at @PilotEV's link. From that page, click "Online Reference" then choose 2023, "Solterra", "BEV, SST, eAWD", then click Search.
There are currently 4 downloadable documents for the Solterra:

Quick Start Guide
Getting Started Guide
SolterraCONNECT Subaru Multimedia Guide
Owner's Manual
What am I missing or doing wrong that I cannot invoke any search results? This is on an iPad. Following above directions exactly results in the first search button not doing anything when tapped with empty field above and the 2nd search button when tapped is asking for the field next to it to be filled in. The “publication type” boxes above cannot be checked and filling in the fields next to the the search buttons with “owner’s manual” yields zero results with either search button being tapped.

Thanks

Edit: figured it out.

·
60 Posts
What am I missing or doing wrong that I cannot invoke any search results? This is on an iPad. Following above directions exactly results in the first search button not doing anything when tapped with empty field above and the 2nd search button when tapped is asking for the field next to it to be filled in. The “publication type” boxes above cannot be checked and filling in the fields next to the the search buttons with “owner’s manual” yields zero results with either search button being tapped.

Thanks

Edit: figured it out.
Sometimes Apple browsers don't work. We learned that from another member recently. Who called us all liars!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts