Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't placed my order yet but I'm curious about the interior illuminated trim. Has anyone seen it in action? Any photos or videos showing this on the Touring trim.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek Limited
97 Posts
The list of stuff available on the touring trim is longer than what is shown via YouTube reviews. ej: over 19 inches fording creeks, side mirrors bending in or turning down to see the curb for parking, etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek Limited
97 Posts
Thanks! Good info. I misunderstood. I thought you meant there were a bunch of available options to choose in addition to the standard touring trim options. Great list. I learned some things.
Most of what is on that list is not reviewed on YouTube. This list is also missing what depth of water you can drive thru. Answer, around 19 inches.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I can’t see anything about auto vehicle hold (AVH) but is that what is meant by brake hold? I’ve really enjoyed that feature on our Ascent and hope to have it on the Solterra too.
That would be my guess. On your Ascent, does AVH stay "ON" by default? On our (2021) Outback it seems I have to turn it on each time I start the car. The few times I've remembered to do that (dig through menus), I've really liked it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AVH stays on on our 2019 Ascent. When I’ve rented loaner cars from the dealer that are newer, I’ve noticed the same thing that AVH doesn’t stay on by default. I always figured that you could set it up to do so in the settings, but I guess maybe that is not the case.

·
Registered
672 Posts
AVH stays on on our 2019 Ascent. When I’ve rented loaner cars from the dealer that are newer, I’ve noticed the same thing that AVH doesn’t stay on by default. I always figured that you could set it up to do so in the settings, but I guess maybe that is not the case.
Thanks. I haven't found a way to make it "stick" but I haven't spent much time trying. Yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here's my best guess based on the interior light locations from the owner's manual. Logically, all the "if equipped" locations are candidates for exclusion in the Premium and Limited, though "G" is probably included on all cars.

From the At-A-Glance document:

Premium
includes (not specified as "if included"):
[ C ] Rear interior light
[ E ] Front interior lights/personal lights
[ F ] Shift lights
[ G ] Auxiliary box lights

Limited adds:
[ D ] Footwell Lighting (maybe just front?)
[ G ] Wireless charger tray lights

Touring adds (assumptions based on the text "Ambient interior lighting" and the description on [ D ] below):
[ B ] Illuminated inner door handles
[ D ] LED footwell lighting: front and rear seat positions
[ H ] Center console light (appears to be open tray area)
[ I ] Door trim ornament lights

Unknown:
[ A ] Outer foot lights

Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram

·
Registered
357 Posts
Forgot to add this; a drawing of where the footwell light is (from changing the air conditioning filter section). Clearly the light is something that just clips in, but there's no telling whether the wiring (and plug) are there if the option isn't included. My money would be on it being there based on Subaru being really good at providing great support for adding accessories, but since Toyota is running the production they might think the complexity of having a completely different panel assembly and wiring harness would be worth saving a penny per car (with the hopes of selling you more stuff later).

Leg Rectangle Motor vehicle Font Table

1 - 15 of 15 Posts