Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
... because Fingrid is asking its EV owners to not heat their cars in the morning:

Any thoughts on how to express solidarity with EU/UK EV owners during the coming, potential power crunch?
I don't think there's a high voltage line that stretches that far, I'm afraid. Press for the US/Canadian Federal governments to subsidize LNG purchases made by EU grid operators maybe?

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
325 Posts
... because Fingrid is asking its EV owners to not heat their cars in the morning:
Isn't this more of an issue for ICE owners? With an EV, unless you need your full range that day, it's just as easy to warm the cabin and/or clear the windows with battery power instead. One of the benefits of an EV is how quickly they can warm up the cabin.

I would think that most EVs that condition their battery will do so even if the vehicle is not plugged in, but maybe not in as tight of a temperature range.

· Registered
23 Posts
Wouldn't that reduce range for most people who had previously been preheating while plugged in? If you need heat without staying plugged in or don't preheat at all then you're using the battery to heat instead of the grid and thus have reduced range for the day...

· Registered
92 Posts
Wouldn't that reduce range for most people who had previously been preheating while plugged in? If you need heat without staying plugged in or don't preheat at all then you're using the battery to heat instead of the grid and thus have reduced range for the day...
That's exactly what I thought! A better subject would be "Even less range in Finland for Solterra"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts