How did you arrive at that figure?
Curb weight, from here:
Premium: 4,365
Limited: 4,455
Touring: 4,505

Gross Vehicle Weight:
2295kg => 5059lbs

Payload = 5059 - 4455 ~ 604lbs

I'm hoping to numbers are wrong, since that seems very low.

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Curb weight, from here:
Premium: 4,365
Limited: 4,455
Touring: 4,505

Gross Vehicle Weight:
2295kg => 5059lbs

Payload = 5059 - 4455 ~ 604lbs

I'm hoping to numbers are wrong, since that seems very low.

Thanks!
Here are the bZ4X's specs:

Its AWD version has a payload weight of 1156lbs. I'm assuming the Solterra will be roughly the same. And with that payload, it has a higher capacity than my Outback which has a maximum payload of 900 lbs. So, the Outback can carry four Texans; and the Solterra can carry four Texans and their backpacks. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the bZ4X's specs:

Its AWD version has a payload weight of 1156lbs. I'm assuming the Solterra will be roughly the same. And with that payload, it has a higher capacity than my Outback which has a maximum payload of 900 lbs. So, the Outback can carry four Texans; and the Solterra can carry four Texans and their backpacks. ;)
Sweet! Thanks for the correction. That is way more reasonable and plenty of payload weight! (y)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Curb weight difference between
Ltd and tour is only 50lb ?
(Glass roof and front seat vents )
Also the official spec gives exactly same range for both trims ?
Both Limited and Touring have the 20" wheels, vs. 18" in Premium. Apparently the minor weight difference between Limited and Touring isn't enough to affect the range estimate.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
240 Posts
I suspect 3 200 lb people will feel a bit crowded in the rear seat...
I agree. "Practically", a vehicle of this size is a four seater for full size adults. The same is true for the Forester and other similar rides. Even a larger midsize SUV like the Ascent isn't super comfortable for three full-size adults in a middle bench seat configuration. The width just isn't there.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek Limited
97 Posts
I agree. "Practically", a vehicle of this size is a four seater for full size adults. The same is true for the Forester and other similar rides. Even a larger midsize SUV like the Ascent isn't super comfortable for three full-size adults in a middle bench seat configuration. The width just isn't there.
OK, say 4 large men at 250 lbs or more. That's 1000 lbs or more without stuff in back. Combined weight of passengers and cargo should never exceed 925 lbs, What will happen?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
240 Posts
OK, say 4 large men at 250 lbs or more. That's 1000 lbs or more without stuff in back. Combined weight of passengers and cargo should never exceed 925 lbs, What will happen?
What Jay said. Overloaded by specification and not legal. It's not so much about damaging the vehicle at that slight overload, but if there was an accident, it potentially could be a liability factor.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What Jay said. Overloaded by specification and not legal. It's not so much about damaging the vehicle at that slight overload, but if there was an accident, it potentially could be a liability factor.
Looks like I won't be driving the boys up to Green Bay for a Packer game!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts