Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
215 Posts
I just got an email from my Subaru Dealer that their loaner Solterra won't be delivered until "late September." They also told me consumer orders will be delivered until "Sept/Oct" 2022.
Yea, that's because of a production stop and a recall on the wheel attachment method used for the BZ4x and Solterra. Please see the Recalls section of the site for more information.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, Toyota has shut down the production line for the rest of July while trying to work through the recall. There's no guarantee it will even be back up and running at first of August.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an email from my Subaru Dealer that their loaner Solterra won't be delivered until "late September." They also told me consumer orders won't be delivered until "Sept/Oct" 2022.
Thanks for sharing! Updates from my dealership have been sparse, so it is nice to know what else people are hearing. I refresh Reddit, this forum, and Facebook every day for any info I can get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m wondering if it’s sept delivery even for those of us who’s cars are sitting at the rail yard 20 minutes down the road from the dealer. I was slated to have received the car by now or this week before “the wheels fell off.” Maybe just swapping the lug bolts out will be an easy quick fix if it’s that simple. I guess time will tell, I’m surprised Toyota/Subaru are not giving updates or more technical information.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’m wondering if it’s sept delivery even for those of us who’s cars are sitting at the rail yard 20 minutes down the road from the dealer. I was slated to have received the car by now or this week before “the wheels fell off.” Maybe just swapping the lug bolts out will be an easy quick fix if it’s that simple. I guess time will tell, I’m surprised Toyota/Subaru are not giving updates or more technical information.
I think even if it’s a pretty straightforward fix, Toyota might have to recertify to the regulators that the car is save to drive after the recall fix - whatever that turns out to be.
It can’t just be a “it’s all good - take our word for it” kind of situation.

You certainly also don’t want to have a recall for the work done on a recall, so whatever the solution is, it better be a permanent fix. Reminding customers to tighten their lug nuts/bolts every 500 miles is probably not good for Toyota’s image.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstreck Limited
22 Posts
Was at the dealer today and spoke with my sales rep. The dealer demo and his limited were pushed back a month to September but mine mine is still "scheduled" for November.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts