Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else downloaded/installed the Solterra Connect app? It is now available in Google Play (I haven't checked the Apple App Store). The app is published by Toyota Motor North America Inc. (well, the NA-market version anyway).

Not much can be done until a car is actually received - a car gets added to the app by scanning a QR code on the multimedia screen.

On a quasi-related note (car is getting closer to reality), my insurance agent (State Farm) was able to give me a 6-month insurance quote, using the VIN of an identically-spec'd model listed at one of the dealerships now showing Solterras "in transit".

I see both of these as signs of progress (but actual news from either SOA or Toyota would be good too).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got my Apple Music account linked to it.... Now, just need that car!
After I linked Apple Music I was able to go into settings, then configuration, then check the box to agree to the terms. Then if you enter the discount code "BZ4X20" you can choose upgrades. Got my Solterra configured with 450 mile range and 10 minute DC fast charging. Pretty sure Subaru does NOT want you to know about this. Pro tip, if you subscribe to Amazon Prime you should be able to link that account in Solterra Connect, then after watching a Rings of Power trailer you can get the Solterra delivered with next day prime shipping.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does anyone here have a VIN for a Solterra? With a Toyota vehicle, you can log in to https://www.toyota.com/owners/login and enter your VIN there and it doesn't require the QR code. My Solterra Connect username/password logs me in there (Solterra Connect uses Toyota's system, not Subaru's), so I would think it would accept a Solterra VIN, but I don't have a VIN to enter to test. I'd be interested if you can get any information in the app if you add your VIN to the account.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone here have a VIN for a Solterra? With a Toyota vehicle, you can log in to https://www.toyota.com/owners/login and enter your VIN there and it doesn't require the QR code. My Solterra Connect username/password logs me in there (Solterra Connect uses Toyota's system, not Subaru's), so I would think it would accept a Solterra VIN, but I don't have a VIN to enter to test. I'd be interested if you can get any information in the app if you add your VIN to the account.
There are Solterra VINs out there (see cars.com) but those mostly belong to loaner-demo units I suspect.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I registered the VIN for a RAV4 Prime that was coming in to my dealer once (not for me) and I'm still getting emails when the car's trials are expiring, etc., so I'll wait until I have my own coming in this time. ;)

Edit for type-o.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts