Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little disappointed in the color selection associated with the Solterra.

If there is one color that I associate with Subaru, it is blue. Almost all of Subaru's other models have some shade of blue. But not the Solterra. I was very surprised that Subaru's first gen EV does not come in any shade of blue. Toyota issue? Couldn't be since even Toyota's entry level Corolla has a blue shade available.

Supply chain issue for blue paint?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I reserved the Harbor Mist Gray Pearl, which looks blue to me, with the Gray & Blue StarTex interior.
I too chose the Harbor Mist Gray Pearl because, in the photos at least, it looks a lot like the Twilight Blue 2017 Outback we used to have (that is now at home with our daughter).

I find the range of colors disappointing, but I guess when you're planning on selling only 6,xxx in the first model year there's not a lot to work with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Went with Carbon Grey for my Canadian order, top trim level. No two tone options available on the first order (for dealerships dealerships anyhow). I thought that was interesting. Having looked around a bit more at photos, I do prefer the single colored option to the two tone Anyways, so all good.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
240 Posts
The Harbor Mist color is "reasonably blue"...I find it pleasant and it may be the choice when the time comes because I don't think that Professor Dr. SWMBO is going to allow me to stick with the all white stable in the driveway, despite the fact that I prefer it for multiple reasons. I kinda wish some of the creamy Crosstrek colors that have come from time to time would be available for Solterra for sure. I just hope that whatever color we want doesn't force a black interior because that's a 100% show stopper for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Harbor Mist color is "reasonably blue"...I find it pleasant and it may be the choice when the time comes because I don't think that Professor Dr. SWMBO is going to allow me to stick with the all white stable in the driveway, despite the fact that I prefer it for multiple reasons. I kinda wish some of the creamy Crosstrek colors that have come from time to time would be available for Solterra for sure. I just hope that whatever color we want doesn't force a black interior because that's a 100% show stopper for me.
Hi… I wanted blue too but leaning on black for now! It’s those black fenders ruining the feelings of liking it or hate it! Kinda makes the car look like a panda bear among the other solid color EVs!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a little disappointed in the color selection associated with the Solterra.
After today's announcement of pricing, I'm definitely feeling the blues.

Buy a pandemic time Solterra, offered in Toyota colors of white, black, grey, gray, and red.

I wonder what my dealer would charge me to repaint the Solterra in classical Subaru Blue...

·
Registered
672 Posts
After today's announcement of pricing, I'm definitely feeling the blues.

Buy a pandemic time Solterra, offered in Toyota colors of white, black, grey, gray, and red.

I wonder what my dealer would charge me to repaint the Solterra in classical Subaru Blue...
There's always wrapping... any color you want!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts