Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for people who now have a Solterra. Is there a way to see the current SOC % of the battery? I prefer as often as possible to know that the SOC is in the 20-80 % range to optimize the SOH (State of Health) of the battery over time. I understand that the top % can be set for charging at 80 in the on-screen display in the car. Does it also display the actual % SOC? Or the app on our smart phones? Or ???

· Registered
56 Posts
A question for people who now have a Solterra. Is there a way to see the current SOC % of the battery? I prefer as often as possible to know that the SOC is in the 20-80 % range to optimize the SOH (State of Health) of the battery over time. I understand that the top % can be set for charging at 80 in the on-screen display in the car. Does it also display the actual % SOC? Or the app on our smart phones? Or ???
My understanding is that it is not currently possible for a percentage to be displayed in car. It is available in the app, and someone mentioned that you can find it on the apple watch app as well.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is that it is not currently possible for a percentage to be displayed in car. It is available in the app, and someone mentioned that you can find it on the apple watch app as well.
I would welcome someone with a car and the app to verify this. It is my understanding too but I would welcome an actual verification including screen shot from the app.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait for the OTA update, and hope that addresses the issue (no SOC display on the MID aka IP = instrument panel).
I believe you are likely to get your car soon. I would trust your report on this question and hope your answer is yes. We are supposed to get ours "in January" but no VIN so far and a frustratingly uncommunicative sales agent. Waiting for Godot.

· Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
416 Posts
I would welcome someone with a car and the app to verify this. It is my understanding too but I would welcome an actual verification including screen shot from the app.
I am supposed to get mine soon as well (less than 2 weeks). I am an Apple user and have an Apple Watch as well. If I remember and someone hasn’t posted screen shots yet, I will.

· Registered
56 Posts
The only way I’ve found out how to see % of Solterra’s charge is either plugging in the car and the iOS app with send a notification saying the percentage the battery is at at the start of charge OR on the Apple Watch app, the second window swipe will show you the cars charge based on percentage.
No screen shots, but I read the above quote in another thread. Specifically this one: Toyota bZ4X OTA update will unlock precious miles of...

· Registered
Vancouver, BC 2023 Solterra Tech Pkg
480 Posts
It does not in Canada and the US, but apparently does in Norway.

It's been reported that we will be getting a software upgrade, with this feature, possibly on the car as well.

· Registered
13 Posts
Can a Solterra owner using the Subaru Solterra app confirm that the app does display the SOC % of the battery. A screen shot from the app would be nice!
When charging starts or stops for whatever reason, it sends a notification to the IOS app (US) with SOC%. Otherwise, it does not display realtime SOC%, just the battery icon with the 12 bars (or at least not that I can find). Hoping for a change in the rumored update.

· Registered
10 Posts
When charging starts or stops for whatever reason, it sends a notification to the IOS app (US) with SOC%. Otherwise, it does not display realtime SOC%, just the battery icon with the 12 bars (or at least not that I can find). Hoping for a change in the rumored update.
The Apple Watch app will show you the percentage at any time. That’s the only place I’ve found charge percentage for the car outside the notifications as you stated

· Registered
9 Posts
Can a Solterra owner using the Subaru Solterra app confirm that the app does display the SOC % of the battery. A screen shot from the app would be nice!
Here is a screenshot from iOS app with our car actively charging. Just a basic graphic - no numeric SOC percentage display.

I'm learning to read the graphic SOC gauge on the dashboard - it's OK but would appreciate a % readout.
Font Parallel Logo Screenshot Number

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a screenshot from iOS app with our car actively charging. Just a basic graphic - no numeric SOC percentage display.

I'm learning to read the graphic SOC gauge on the dashboard - it's OK but would appreciate a % readout.
View attachment 1602
Thank you! Since each bar represents ± 8.3 % you are at ± 58 %. A numeric SOC % would be preferable for sure but at least with this you can do approximate math of 7 x 8 = 56+ %. My math and science teachers always insisted on estimating one's answer so the skill can be used again.

· Registered
2 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle

· Registered
11 Posts
In the US my phone app does not show the percentage, but I can confirm the Apple Watch app does show it on the second screen when you swipe over to it. The first time I tried it said I needed to log into the app on the phone to use that feature, so it’s still a bit of a hassle to open the phone app and make sure it’s connected, then go to your watch just to see the actual percentage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts