Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered

Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof
Does anyone have an interior night photo or video of the ambient lighting on the top trim in the US or Canada?

Registered
Sweet...Smoked Carbon Touring. This was my second choice, but I am wondering if I should have ordered this one instead. We ordered a Red Touring. Love the photo you took in the parking lot at night.
Thank you! We originally ordered a black touring, but got lucky when this one came in early and was the wrong color for the person that ordered it lol

Registered
Very lucky to get a Solterra today that was ordered for someone else, and they declined it View attachment 1536
. I have one ordered in another state (where I live in the summer) but happily jumped on this opportunity. Not the color I originally ordered, but I am learning to love red.
Oh that red looks so nice on an overcast day. I bet in full sun it looks brilliant. Congratulations!

Super Moderator
2023 Subaru Solterra with Technology Package, Platinum White with Two-Tone Black Roof

Registered
I didn鈥檛 get a picture of the footwell lighting, but here鈥檚 an interior shot at night with the lights on View attachment 1549
View attachment 1550
View attachment 1548
I believe you have a top of the line Touring since there is an Open-Close on the headliner area. So with the video camera rearview mirror, does it look like a normal mirror at night (mostly black except for lights and faint objects) or does it have a black-like glow or something like that when there is nothing behind you (like a tv displaying a black screen)?

And thank you for showing the interior lighting. For some reason, I thought the driver's screen would be more distracting at night. But, it looks great.

Registered
Thank you! I heard the driver door controls for the lock/unlock and others don't have illuminated buttons? is that true? They illuminated everything else, it would pretty stupid if they didn't do those controls also.
I don鈥檛 think they are lighted, but I can check when I get out tonight

I believe you have a top of the line Touring since there is an Open-Close on the headliner area. So with the video camera rearview mirror, does it look like a normal mirror at night (mostly black except for lights and faint objects) or does it have a black-like glow or something like that when there is nothing behind you (like a tv displaying a black screen)?

And thank you for showing the interior lighting. For some reason, I thought the driver's screen would be more distracting at night. But, it looks great.
Yes, it鈥檚 the top touring trim. With the video rear view, sometimes I use it and sometimes I don鈥檛. There is a bit of a back glow when there are visibility objects, but it鈥檚 not very distracting at all. I haven鈥檛 looked in it in a pitch black area to see if there鈥檚 a back glow like a tv screen. You definitely get a more clear view of what鈥檚 behind you since you鈥檙e not looking through the tinted back glass with less visibility though. I鈥檇 say the worst part about using it at night is that the headlights of cars behind you create glares sometimes. The driver screen is not distracting at all either, there鈥檚 a brightness adjustment for it too.

Registered
Solterra Nordic
That is a great photo.

Here is Arizona, USA, the majority of vehicles are white. Just curious what color is the most popular in Norway.
Norway in general it is black, white and grey that are the most sold car-colors. Tesla Model Y is the most sold car in Norway in 2022, MY is white per default (if you do not pay extra), so most Teslas are white.

For the Solterra, I am not sure what most people choose. We where going to buy the "Harbor Mist Grey Pearl" (looks more light blue, than grey), but the dealer had a black car ready for sale, so we went for black! Black has grown on me ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts