Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I missed out on placing a reservation, however while the reservation system was open I was able to add my name to the wait list. I received a call last week from the dealer telling me that I am first on the wait list and if anyone cancels their reservation I will have the opportunity to place a reservation. The sales person I spoke to told me that they had several people say they did not want to move forward with an order. He told me that Subaru would be calling me and asking if I want to place an order.

Has anyone received the same call and if so, was anyone told of a time frame for the call from Subaru?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello everyone. I missed out on placing a reservation, however while the reservation system was open I was able to add my name to the wait list. I received a call last week from the dealer telling me that I am first on the wait list and if anyone cancels their reservation I will have the opportunity to place a reservation. The sales person I spoke to told me that they had several people say they did not want to move forward with an order. He told me that Subaru would be calling me and asking if I want to place an order.

Has anyone received the same call and if so, was anyone told of a time frame for the call from Subaru?
I can’t help you with your questions, but I think you’re one lucky dude to be first in line on the waitlist.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
186 Posts
Since the reservations and allocation lie strictly with the individual dealer, it will be the dealer that calls you if you have a slot available to order, not Subaru. Subaru doesn't take direct orders. :) But it's nice that you potentially have the opportunity order, despite not getting an original reservation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since the reservations and allocation lie strictly with the individual dealer, it will be the dealer that calls you if you have a slot available to order, not Subaru. Subaru doesn't take direct orders. :) But it's nice that you potentially have the opportunity order, despite not getting an original reservation.
The dealer said that I will need to apply for a reservation number first. Without the number they can't place an order for me. The reservation number needs to come from Subaru and I have to pay them the $250 fee.

If anyone is getting different information from their dealer please let me know.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
186 Posts
Ok, it does make sense that one must secure the reservation via Subaru and I guess they have a system that the dealer can refer a waitlist customer to when a slot opens. But the ordering process will still be via the dealer as I noted. My apologies for the small error in my previous response.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The order period for reservation holders is April 26 thru May 25. There was some information (I can't remember the source and how reliable it seemed) that stated that you couldn't cancel your reservation during that time, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to wait until after that period to receive a call from Subaru.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The order period for reservation holders is April 26 thru May 25. There was some information (I can't remember the source and how reliable it seemed) that stated that you couldn't cancel your reservation during that time, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to wait until after that period to receive a call from Subaru.
I read that too, I think it was on the Subaru/Solterra site. "The call" will likely be an email from SOA.... I can't imagine that they actually make phone calls. But not likely to happen until May 26 or later.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring, 2022 Kia Ev6
57 Posts
If the shift of waitlist to reservation holder process is done post-May 25th and orders are completed by June, it is more understandable why dealerships are telling those with reservations in place to just put an order in, even if they are on the fence. The lag in ordering could cause dealerships to believe that delayed ordering could impact deliveries.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Information to dealers from Subaru in January regarding the Reservation Process:

Customers will be able to cancel their reservations on Subaru.com through March 31, 2022.
Pricing for the Solterra is expected to be available April 1, 2022.
In April, retailers will be able to convert Reservations into Sold orders.
Any Reservation that is not matched to a Sold-Order by May 1, 2022 will have its deposit refunded to the customer.
Normal sold orders will commence starting May 1, 2022.

(I know this was previously posted, but possibly the delay in getting the reservation process operational has pushed back the original timeline)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe that is when reservation holders had to lock in and submit their order by that date, or it would be automatically cancelled. * fixed date, had wrong one. 5/26.

Reactions: JayEM
1 - 12 of 12 Posts