Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Solterra 2023, Luxury (Limited)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently changed phone and well, I discovered it wasn't compatible with the wireless charging pad in the car. Specifically, my Google pixel 7, due to the raised camera bar, it's high enough to prevent charging, even more with any case. I know it's that because my home charger has no issues since I can overhang the camera bar.

So not the car fault but I would say, google pixel 7, not great for the wireless charging.

Any recommendations or others that have used their phone?

· Registered
2021 Ascent Limited; 2023 Bolt EUV Premier w/S&S, SC
324 Posts
Hi,

I recently changed phone and well, I discovered it wasn't compatible with the wireless charging pad in the car. Specifically, my Google pixel 7, due to the raised camera bar, it's high enough to prevent charging, even more with any case. I know it's that because my home charger has no issues since I can overhang the camera bar.

So not the car fault but I would say, google pixel 7, not great for the wireless charging.

Any recommendations or others that have used their phone?
I've only had a test drive, but my Pixel 7 charged OK on the pad. In my 2023 Bolt EUV, it charges perfectly every time, too.

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Dumb question: have you tried placing your phone in there both ways (up to left and up to right)? I'm not sure it would make a difference, but...

Also, does the charger work with other phones?

· Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Sounds like you may already know this, but instructions for the Qi charger are on pg 429 of the Owner's Manual, with troubleshooting information starting on pg 433.
I think those are pre-October revision page numbers.
In the later version, the page numbers are 433 and 436.

Edit: English/US version of the owner's manual.

· Registered
Solterra 2023, Luxury (Limited)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dumb question: have you tried placing your phone in there both ways (up to left and up to right)? I'm not sure it would make a difference, but...

Also, does the charger work with other phones?
I retried today and it... worked, with or without the case. but any movement of the phone stops it, indicating it's at the limit of distance (the phone lenses create a substantial gap) so problem "solved"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts