Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the stateside debut and prototypes at the U.S. auto shows did not have a powered passenger seat it seems increasingly likely that it will be available on at least some trim levels (chip shortages not withstanding) by its presence on the more recent units I’ve noted featured on videos from Japan and abroad. Whether it is four-way or eight-way remains to be seen - no lumbar adjustment switch - but still, an appreciated convenience and honestly for the price point an expected one.

I hope so.

See :32

·
Registered
110 Posts
Features in Japan don't necessarily mean they'll be present in the US. For example, the Subaru XV in Japan has a cute little pop up sprayer that puts deicer fluid on the headlights. I don't think I've ever seen that feature on a US model.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Features in Japan don't necessarily mean they'll be present in the US. For example, the Subaru XV in Japan has a cute little pop up sprayer that puts deicer fluid on the headlights. I don't think I've ever seen that feature on a US model.
Oh, I agree but the Solterra is primarily very much a U.S. model and it just seems likely that it would similarly reflect the feature content of their other U.S. models i.e. Outback, Forester.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
186 Posts
Oh, I agree but the Solterra is primarily very much a U.S. model and it just seems likely that it would similarly reflect the feature content of their other U.S. models i.e. Outback, Forester.
AFAIK, they are releasing it globally. Some geographies are well ahead of the US for EVs in mindset...so no, it's not primarily a US model. They are, however, addressing some US specific things with the US version that will present some differences from Soterra's bound for other places. The Canadian version has already been shown here in this forum to be configured and marketed differently than in the US. US is AWD only, has a trim level structure similar to other US Subaru models, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the reviews out today it looks like I am wrong and the earlier spec examples without the power passenger seat are in fact what we are going to get. At least it does include height adjustment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Solterra has a powered passenger seat? In reviewing the Toyota BZ4X the Limited trim has:
SofTex®-trimmed * seats; 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support; 6-way adjustable front passenger seat;
Why wouldnt Subaru have teh same interior seating since they are made with same Softex seats?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone confirm if the Solterra has a powered passenger seat? In reviewing the Toyota BZ4X the Limited trim has:
SofTex®-trimmed * seats; 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support; 6-way adjustable front passenger seat;
Why wouldnt Subaru have teh same interior seating since they are made with same Softex seats?
Solterra has the same 6-way manually adjusted front passenger seat. European/Domestic specs seem to get the powered passenger seat as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Solterra has the same 6-way manually adjusted front passenger seat. European/Domestic specs seem to get the powered passenger seat as well.
My passengers don't deserve an adjustable power seat! They should be happy to be riding with me. And to be honest, I don't know the last time I adjusted my current driver's seat. Manual seats are actually quicker than the power seats. It's all about me! Hahahahaha!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I for one am continuing to hope that I can somehow source the Euro/Asian spec passenger seat base in the future, being a car for my wife I assume most of my travel in this vehicle will take place in that position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts