Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the Solterra is the same as the bZ4X, the rear leg room will be disappointing for many.
The front seat was half way back in the photos.
And I'm 6 feet. Very uncomfortable, even just sitting in the showroom.
Notice that my (skinny) foot did not fit well under the front seat.

Shoe Leg Textile Sleeve Automotive design

Leg Comfort Grey Vehicle door Automotive design

Jeans Shoe Furniture Leg Chair

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would have tried it without the floor mats with the surrounding lip, also, checked to see if someone set the seat height at its minimum height position. But I would like to hear more.

·
60 Posts
If the Solterra is the same as the bZ4X, the rear leg room will be disappointing for many.
And I'm 6 feet. Very uncomfortable, even sitting in the showroom
Notice that my (skinny) feet did not fit well under the front seat.
Nice that you are concerned about your backseat passengers. Hopefully, you won't be spending much time back there. I like the Crocs with socks. (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't care much about back seat comfort at all.
I'm an older folk with two small dogs and a pet hammock always hanging across the seat.
But the space did look a little off, so I tried it in the showroom.

A more important surprise was the overall appearance of the bZ.
Much longer, lower and bigger than I had imagined.
Looks more like a 4 door sedan hatchback, than an SUV.
Not at all like a RAV4 or my little Crosstrek Sport.
Certainly don't buy a Solterra without seeing and sitting in one.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
60 Posts
Is the plastic cladding on the Solterra shiny or a textured matte finish? I need to look through all the photos now. I'm hoping it's just the BZ4R2D2 cladding version. Shiny isn't going to work for me.

·
Registered
593 Posts

View attachment 856

View attachment 857

View attachment 858
That's interesting, since I've seen at least one review where a 6'2" guy set the front seat for his height and sat behind himself with plenty of room. Only consistent nag is the lack of under-thigh support for taller people due to the hip height being low compared to the high floor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would have tried it without the floor mats with the surrounding lip, also, checked to see if someone set the seat height at its minimum height position. But I would like to hear more.
I remember this being called out in several reviews that they were surprised you couldn’t put your feet under the seats in an EV and how it made the back seat more cramped.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm kind of shocked that people are saying there's not much leg room. I sat in a Solterra Limited at a car show. I'm just over 6' tall. I put the front seat where I would have it for driving and when I sat in the back seat, there was more leg room than I needed or expected. I will say that the rear seat is kind of low, so your knees end up kind of high when sitting back there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I remember this being called out in several reviews that they were surprised you couldn’t put your feet under the seats in an EV and how it made the back seat more cramped.
With an enormous amount of space in front of your knees, I don't think there's much need to put your feet under the front seat. But, yeah, it'd be nice if there were more room under there.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm kind of shocked that people are saying there's not much leg room. I sat in a Solterra Limited at a car show. I'm just over 6' tall. I put the front seat where I would have it for driving and when I sat in the back seat, there was more leg room than I needed or expected. I will say that the rear seat is kind of low, so your knees end up kind of high when sitting back there.
The problem seems to be more "foot room" than leg room per se. In EVs the seats tend to be closer to the floor (i.e. floor is higher, but seat height is the same).

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's interesting, since I've seen at least one review where a 6'2" guy set the front seat for his height and sat behind himself with plenty of room. Only consistent nag is the lack of under-thigh support for taller people due to the hip height being low compared to the high floor.
fit vs comfort. I’m sure if you could slide your feet under the seat in front of you that it would take care of the under-thigh support issue. I doubt I’ll be in the back seat much and if we do have passengers, is usually just around town, so shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought it was quite evident on all the initial video reviews that the back seat was a horrible design. All the reviewers, short and tall, had their knees up around their chest while talking about acceptable knee space and headroom. It's an unfortunate result of the "RAV4 Sportback" design that requires the severe taper constricting height and storage in the back -- so the only way to compensate and get any headroom is to slam the seat pan down near the floor and hope for the best.

Like everyone else, I'm just thinking the time adults would be back there is limited and kids will certainly fit better and not care anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Preferred AWD LR
31 Posts
Did you try laying in the back with the seats down? I'm 6'4" and have a reasonably good setup to sleep in my Ioniq 5, but could imagine trading cars with my mom (who's ordered a Solterra) in the future for trailheads I just don't have the clearance to get to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sat in the back of the Limited Solterra at Chicago & Milwaukee auto shows and had no issue with leg room for someone 6ft tall with the seats in front set for my height or taller. Didn't notice the under seat space, but can confirm the high floor in the second row that made it tough to find a comfortable position. That said, no one else in my family is taller than 5'3 yet and both kids are still using boosters of some sort. We found the second row space to be comparable to the Forester in every aspect except headroom

·
Registered
164 Posts
And I'm 6 feet. Very uncomfortable, even just sitting in the showroom.

View attachment 856

View attachment 857

View attachment 858
As someone who's taller and has big feet it looks like it might be an akward fit. Fortunately I don't plan on spending much time in the back 😅.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts