Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I end up going with the Solterra, I will probably go with black, just to hide the cladding, but I was wondering how it would look in another colour, with the cladding painted. Anyone seen it? Or on the BZ4X?
If some of you know how to do it on Photoshop, I'd be curious to see what it looks like, particularly in all silver!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, but I'm not looking to be convinced that I like it.. ;) I would just like to see what the car looks like with them painted!
I don't dislike the idea of having them wrapped, but again, just curious if any Photoshop user would be able to show us what it would look like.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks guys, but I'm not looking to be convinced that I like it.. ;) I would just like to see what the car looks like with them painted!
I don't dislike the idea of having them wrapped, but again, just curious if any Photoshop user would be able to show us what it would look like.
Take a look at the black bZ4X. The cladding is glossy instead of matte finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can you wrap a textured surface like that?

My initial thoughts on trying to make an all-body-color Solterra (because that was all I could think about after seeing those Honda Element fenders) was that obtaining and painting wheel arch moldings (or whatever they are calling them) from a bZ4X and having them painted would be the only realistic way to make the car look "normal".

It may take waiting years for some of the bZ4X's to hit the junkyards for it to be a reasonably-priced activity, but with all the safety gear preventing accidents that could take quite a while (plus you need to find separate vehicles that have been hit from different angles). I suppose there will be knockoff "crash parts" before the authentic ones are widely available second-hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The plastic fender arches (whatever you want to call them) have been a huge topic on the 2022 WRX. I had figured that the best way out would to simply go with black, which my 19 Crosstrek is. But yesterday at Wicked Big Meet, there were several 22 WRXs that had painted the fender arches, the side skirts and the front and rear bumper black areas. I have to say that all of those cars looked a million percent better. How were they done? No idea. But however it was done, it was well worth it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm not convinced on that. Makes the whole side, especially the rear quarter, more "slabby" IMO.
I think the shading in the back is reversed. It's tough to mix in/apply contrast to make the pieces you're photoshopping (like that's a verb) stand out, and especially with a white base there's not a good contrast to work with and make lighter in spots that are "closer to the viewer" -- so in the back just imagine the same way the front "pops out" at you.

[I realize how goofy all the word salad sounds, but it's early and I should have just waited and had more coffee before looking at this site]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts