Subaru Solterra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
11 day closure of Motomachi Line #1 just announced, affects bZ4X (and likely Solterra):

Extra time to retool that charging? #silverlinings⚡

·
Registered
378 Posts
It would have been nice to know which dealers were doing this before we had to choose one in the reservation step (and not be able to change the dealership later)
My attitude is, if the dealer I chose adds markup, I choose a different brand, and let SoA know why they lost a loyal customer.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Because we want this car over other options and SOA gave us no bargaining power. I think, based on your previous posts describing your intent to purchase the Solterra, you could understand this?
No. As much as I want the Solterra, I'll never pay a penny over MSRP. Doing nothing is a viable option, as well as choosing a different brand and letting SoA know why they lost a loyal customer.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
They didn't mention the Solterra as being impacted.
It's a Toyota announcement, they list bZ4X. They're not going to list non-Toyota products that they build under contract.

If they're not building bZ4Xs they're also not going to be building Solterras (same production line).

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's a Toyota announcement, they list bZ4X. They're not going to list non-Toyota products that they build under contract.

If they're not building bZ4Xs they're also not going to be building Solterras (same production line).
I still thought they'd list the Solterra if it was impacted. But, you may be right. The first suspension didn't affect my estimated delivery month (August).

·
Registered
436 Posts
I still thought they'd list the Solterra if it was impacted. But, you may be right. The first suspension didn't affect my estimated delivery month (August).
A half-month shutdown could change early August to late August, and still be "August". Or late August to early September, but they keep the same "expected delivery date" until the car doesn't actually arrive in August. Not to rain on your parade, I hope yours does arrive in August (mine too), but I'm not at this point expecting that to happen.

·
Registered
378 Posts
A half-month shutdown could change early August to late August, and still be "August". Or late August to early September, but they keep the same "expected delivery date" until the car doesn't actually arrive in August. Not to rain on your parade, I hope yours does arrive in August (mine too), but I'm not at this point expecting that to happen.
Or July.😉⚡

41 - 60 of 60 Posts