Subaru Solterra Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Placed my order with my local dealer in Chico CA. for MSRP.. No ADM.
$1500. deposit (refundable).
Received confirmation from factory on April 28th. Dealer said estimated delivery August,
2023 Solterra Touring.
Harbor Mist Gray Pearl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Original dealer order converted to my order. I was number one on the waiting list. I had no choices since the dealer already placed the order. Touring, smoked carbon with black roof, grey interior. Received email from SoA the next day with my name on the order. Delivery is estimated as July. No markup. $500 refundable deposit. Salesperson said if I don’t like it I can walk away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I placed my order on April 26th with my local dealer and received an email confirmation on April 28th

2023 Solterra Limited
Exterior Color Harbor Mist Gray Pearl
Interior Color Gray & Blue StarTex

Dealer indicated the estimated delivery date is September 2022
It seems like the date I am getting quoted is much later than some of the other folks posted, I am on Florida so I am guessing it takes longer to the the car lets say than on the west coast ?
My order was placed on 4/27/22

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems like the date I am getting quoted is much later than some of the other folks posted, I am on Florida so I am guessing it takes longer to the the car lets say than on the west coast ?
I ordered the exact same car on 4/28, I'm in Tennessee, and I got a September delivery date as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got an update last week now they are indicating October

based on all the pre release information I thought mid summer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried to search the thread for info on deposits with orders- seems like it's all over the map. Are deposits with a converted order a dealer policy? Mine quoted me $2k and I just clarified that it's non-refundable, which seems like BS- its not like they couldn't sell it if I opted not to complete the purchase. Just trying to figure out where this might be coming from. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
For those of us who didn't make the February cutoff for reservations, I have heard that there's a possibility they won't be taking orders for the masses until July or August,

Might also have something to do with semiconductor availability issues and Covid issues which are causing problems on various Toyota lines, including Production Line #1 at Motomachi, where the bZ4X/Solterra are assembled:

37370481.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine quoted me $2k and I just clarified that it's non-refundable, which seems like BS- its not like they couldn't sell it if I opted not to complete the purchase. Just trying to figure out where this might be coming from. Thanks
Definitely write to Subaru Customer Support with that story -- there's no way Subaru would let that fly without giving the dealer a stern talking to (to correct the situation) or providing you a refund directly if the dealer stole your money like that (should you not buy an ordered vehicle).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order on May 14th. Dealer sent me Sold Order Certification. I did not get confirmation email from Subaru of America. Should I be concerned?

Not sure why dealer told me : “we are not associated with Subaru of America, dealership in the north east are associated with Subaru Distributors”

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure why dealer told me : “we are not associated with Subaru of America, dealership in the north east are associated with Subaru Distributors”
Check my thread (that, apparently, nobody found too interesting) that lists the distributors from the Warranty and Maintenance Booklet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check my thread (that, apparently, nobody found too interesting) that lists the distributors from the Warranty and Maintenance Booklet.

That’s interesting. Wonder if I have to call Subaru Distributors for confirmation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried to search the thread for info on deposits with orders- seems like it's all over the map. Are deposits with a converted order a dealer policy? Mine quoted me $2k and I just clarified that it's non-refundable, which seems like BS- its not like they couldn't sell it if I opted not to complete the purchase. Just trying to figure out where this might be coming from. Thanks
Someone on the Reddit Solterra group started a poll about this. Seems like not many are doing this, and may be trying to keep people from bailing out. Doesn't make sense though, as they probably also have a long waiting list and could re-home easily. Best guess: They're also doing this for their other cars due to availability issues and going with what they know > my dealer said even the Forester was currently about 4 months out from order to delivery.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Solterra/comments/uq48ue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely write to Subaru Customer Support with that story -- there's no way Subaru would let that fly without giving the dealer a stern talking to (to correct the situation) or providing you a refund directly if the dealer stole your money like that (should you not buy an ordered vehicle).
I called SOA Customer Support, and they confirmed that practice is not technically against any formal policies, but that they do try to discourage it and/or make it clear to dealerships they don't want to see it. Unfortunately doesn't look like they can help at all though- not even to move my reservation to another dealership that I know has available allocation to fill.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts