Subaru Solterra Forum banner

Notes for operating the touch screen

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  jg. 
My friend has Forester 2016 I think. Each key has one profile stored inside regarding seat position and other stuff. We were on trip and just to be sure he took both keys. When he had both on him, he had to do some crazy "yoga positions" to ensure key with his profile was closer to car and used to unlocking. Otherwise he had to lock the car and try again.
Not sure if this system got any update in newer models but I would expect similar behaviour. The unlocking device's profile will be used, question is about priorities - key, phone, something else?
Or maybe selecting profile when "starting" the car?
The key-linking to profiles has to work better than the facial recognition in our 2021 Outback! Probably 1/3 of the time it fails to recognize the driver on first try - because of lighting, or the driver not facing forward when it's doing the scanning, and other things.

That was one of the reasons we got the 2019 Forester (the first year for the driver recognition) and it's always a comedy-fest when we get in, removing sunglasses and staring at the sensors, moving your head around while is says "scanning" and shouting, "It's me!" Mostly it's just to "get credit" for the drive to add to my mileage tally (27.1 MPG, but I just make sure that any seat adjustments are saved in the door buttons so I can hit that if the driver recognition fails.
Yup, likewise.

My wife seems to have more of a problem than I do, and I think most of it is because she's looking down/to the left to grab the seat belt... I've figured out that doing that BEFORE closing the door seems to help. There seems to be no remedy for the sun shining in low through the driver's side window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.