Subaru Solterra Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think there was always a jack kit that was offered as an accessory (from looking at the early build sheet videos from Japan). I read this as, since there’s no spare tire there’s no reason for a jack, but if you want one we’ll sell you one. We’ll even keep a spot behind the interior panels just in case you want one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Shared on the BZ4X forum. No comments...
Just another person criticizing Toyota. We’ve got lots of them here too, with notably much more “real” information. Note the primary “source“ for his information is, “Other YouTubers with more inside knowledge.” He also thinks the issue is “torque on the axle nuts” and that no wheels actually fell off, both of which we have seen multiple sources for the correct information.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't put to much weight on that. He is just a sales rep for that dealership. I have never been to any dealership (of any brand) where the sales person knew more about the products or the company in its entirety than I did.
Oh, totally. But it shows that what dealers are saying is largely nonsense and they know no more than we do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That was also my take on the video… the dealerships are just as much in the dark as everyone else.

Is the guy in the video bummed on the vehicle? Sure, that comes across very clearly.

From a salesperson perspective, at some point, it’s starts being a real bummer when customers come in wanting to see the EV models they’ve seen on the Interwebs and, not only are there none available, but no one knows when they’ll be available, or what the current model status is at the moment.

What the salesperson sees is a lost sale, and lost income. It’s always tough to lose a sale to a competitor, but even worse when the lost sale is a self-inflicted wound caused by the manufacturer…

I get where the fellow is coming from…

·
Registered
54 Posts
That was also my take on the video… the dealerships are just as much in the dark as everyone else.
Oh, totally. But it shows that what dealers are saying is largely nonsense and they know no more than we do.
The sales manager at my local dealer was only too happy to tell me exactly that in an email. She says it sounds like some dealers are kind of winging it with their information, because that's not a position they like to be in.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts