Subaru Solterra Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
On a down note, the QC hold on my bZ4X has been pushed from 91 days to 126 days. Might not mean anything at this point but down vibes nonetheless.

Edit: After thinking about it, I don't think it means anything at this point. There are BZ4X units that have been on QC hold since May 11th. The QC hold number of days is being bumped out to keep those early units on QC hold. I'm guessing they are assigning the same number of days to ALL BZ4X units that haven't been already put into the hands of the customer (those are on recall status).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rumor posted on Reddit today. Was from a Japanese private Facebook group:

Let me preface this by saying that this is just a rumor I saw on a Japanese internet forum today, and I don't even know if it's true or not.
In a private Facebook group, an engineer said that Toyota has already found the cause of the bZ4X's wheel falling off and has found a solution.
He said that the cause was thermal expansion and contraction of the bolts and that changing the material of the bolts would solve the problem.
I can't confirm anything so this is just a rumor.

IF (big if?) true, should be a quick fix once produced.
See post #54 😉

·
Registered
670 Posts
It's after 8 AM Monday Tokyo time, and still no revision to the September production plan...🤞
Word of caution, just because Motomachi appears likely to go back online Wednesday next week (9/7) it doesn't mean they're going to be building any Solterras or bZ4Xs. The plant also assembles "Mirai, Century, GR Yaris, LC (Incl. HEV), C+pod" ... so if any of those are going back into production that could be the reason for the re-start.

·
Registered
355 Posts
...The plant also assembles "Mirai, Century, GR Yaris, LC (Incl. HEV), C+pod" ... so if any of those are going back into production that could be the reason for the re-start.
It's also featured in lots of Lexus documentation so even though it's not part of the production plan right now, I would think they are tooling up to build the RZ 450e there as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Word of caution, just because Motomachi appears likely to go back online Wednesday next week (9/7) it doesn't mean they're going to be building any Solterras or bZ4Xs. The plant also assembles "Mirai, Century, GR Yaris, LC (Incl. HEV), C+pod" ... so if any of those are going back into production that could be the reason for the re-start.
Yes, but the line that runs the Crown/BZ/Solterra/Mirai is NOT scheduled to be down past the 6th so it's assumed until they say otherwise that it's going back online on the 7th.

I'm not sure that the plant is even shut down, just that particular line.

Edit: Unless I'm reading it wrong, there are 3 lines and all 3 are shut down currently. All lines are not scheduled to stay shutdown after the 6th (all start on the 7th). The GR Yaris line will shutdown again at the end of the month. The other 2 lines (including BZ line) are not scheduled to be shutdown past the 6th currently.

Side note: Unless something changes, the lines should restart on the 7th. If they do and no other changes are made, it will be the first time that ALL Toyota plants are operational at the same time in quite some time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not sure if the resumption of a line means that every car built on that line has to resume at the same time.
That’s a valid point and question. Does Toyota list the line as shutdown with the models shown to be shutdown as in the report or does it just list all models on that line if any one of them are shutdown.

I suppose it could open for the Marai only since other 3 use lug bolts. Crown has not been run in regular production yet but does use lug bolts. Not sure what the Marai used to attach the wheels.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That’s a valid point and question. Does Toyota list the line as shutdown with the models shown to be shutdown as in the report or does it just list all models on that line if any one of them are shutdown.

I suppose it could open for the Marai only since other 3 use lug bolts. Crown has not been run in regular production yet but does use lug bolts. Not sure what the Marai used to attach the wheels.
This is what they showed on August 10 for the early September shutdown:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

So Mirai and Crown are on the same line as the Solterra/bZ4X.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is what they showed on August 10 for the early September shutdown: View attachment 1058

yeah, that’s what I mentioned above. Crown, BZ and Solterra use same lug bolt system, hence why Crown startup production was pushed from July to September. No idea what the Marai uses for wheels.

If I were guessing, if Toyota was shutting down one or more models on a line but not every model on that line, it would list the line, dates and models that are shutting down.

·
Registered
593 Posts
This is what they showed on August 10 for the early September shutdown: View attachment 1058

I suppose they could extend the suspension dates for line 1 and remove the production models from the list that have resumed production. But that would imply only those remaining on the list are built on that line. Oh well... It's just 1 week from the last suspension day, and no extension yet. I'll take the absence of bad news as good news.⚡

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
One thing is for sure... If the line is shut down, then nothing is being assembled. No chance of any vehicle.

If the line is up and running, then there’s hope the wheel attachment issue has been resolved.
Still no update on the global newsroom in regards to extending the plant shutdown. Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

They posted production/sales results today, but no schedule change so far. Hopefully starting back up in September which means a fix (hopefully just a new lug bolt alloy/material to handle the temperature changes as rumored) 🤞

·
Registered
162 Posts
I guess Torque News article was wrong (?)?

From the official recall thread....

From Reddit from a customer in Norway. An official email from Toyota Norway....bolded part. Solution by end of October. If they can inform that officially, the fix is in. However, I would be sorely disappointed if Toyota gave priority to the production line restarting and pushing all of the built BZ4X / Solterra units to a later date. Of course, it could be just logistics and time to get the fix into place too.

Dear Customer,

As one of our first bZ4X customers, you have unfortunately experienced that the car is delayed in relation to the delivery schedule we had laid out. This is due to the global recall campaign that you have previously received information about. Quality and safety are at the very core of our strategy, and we will never compromise or launch products that do not meet our quality standards 100%.

We can now inform you that we expect a solution towards the end of October.

We are very sorry for the situation that has arisen and any problems this has caused you. Contact your dealer and seller if you experience challenges during the waiting period with regard to car maintenance.

Sincerely

Toyota Norway AS

101 - 120 of 129 Posts