Subaru Solterra Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cant say about the stop/sale, but the Crown is assembled (or not, depending on line status) on the same line as the Solterra/bZ4x… so, as a best case scenario the Crown isn’t being assembled until September 7 at the earliest. Makes sense, as the Crown utilizes the same wheel attachment structure as the bZ4x and Solterra. I have no idea where the RZ450e is assembled, but it’s a safe bet that if it utilizes the same wheel attachment design, it will also follow the same production limitations.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
240 Posts
I have no idea where the RZ450e is assembled, but it’s a safe bet that if it utilizes the same wheel attachment design, it will also follow the same production limitations
I can't imagine that at least initially it's not on the same line as the BZ4x and the Soltera. It's the same vehicle in Lexus clothing...

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is the BZ3 unit announced in China. Notice something about the wheel photos?

Interesting that one photo appears to show lug nuts and the other lug bolts!?!? Not the same BZ unit as one has Yokohama tires and the other Hankook tires. The fix is in, lol?!?!

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
This is the BZ3 unit announced in China. Notice something about the wheel photos?

Interesting that one photo appears to show lug nuts and the other lug bolts!?!? Not the same BZ unit as one has Yokohama tires and the other Hankook tires. The fix is in, lol?!?!

As i replied in the other thread, interesting catch. However, they could simply be lug bolt caps in the one photo and not actually nuts. Common with German cars

·
Registered
162 Posts
As i replied in the other thread, interesting catch. However, they could simply be lug bolt caps in the one photo and not actually nuts. Common with German cars
Yeah. I'm just ribbing the BZ4X / Solterra a little.

BZ4X, at least in this photo, doesn't have covers. Not apples to apples....just looking for something to cling on to, lol! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rumor posted on Reddit today. Was from a Japanese private Facebook group:

Let me preface this by saying that this is just a rumor I saw on a Japanese internet forum today, and I don't even know if it's true or not.
In a private Facebook group, an engineer said that Toyota has already found the cause of the bZ4X's wheel falling off and has found a solution.
He said that the cause was thermal expansion and contraction of the bolts and that changing the material of the bolts would solve the problem.
I can't confirm anything so this is just a rumor.
IF (big if?) true, should be a quick fix once produced.

·
Registered
162 Posts
By the way, one owner of a BZ4X has noticed that his and two other units are no longer on the dealer lot. Salesperson didn’t know where they were taken to. Others have noticed that theirs have been moved on the lot (different dealers) for the first time since being picked up. May not mean a thing but it’s movement.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Per MSNP (forum member on Toyota Owners Club)....

Visited my local Toyota in London yesterday. They have two BZ4X, one a demonstration car and one in the showroom. They were delivered this week. They couldn't give me any updates but having these two cars surly means the cars will be available soon..
Might not mean anything but again, more movement....

·
Registered
167 Posts
By the way, one owner of a BZ4X has noticed that his and two other units are no longer on the dealer lot. Salesperson didn’t know where they were taken to. Others have noticed that theirs have been moved on the lot (different dealers) for the first time since being picked up. May not mean a thing but it’s movement.
If the fix is simply replacing the lug bolts with bolts made of a different metal, there wouldn't be a need to move the vehicles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the fix is simply replacing the lug bolts with bolts made of a different metal, there wouldn't be a need to move the vehicles.
The ones that have "disappeared" from the lot, I can agree on that. The one(s) that moved from one location on the lot to a different one, I can see that happening with simply replacing the bolts.

For all I know, the 3 that have been removed are actually inside the garage area being recharged. Not enough info yet.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts