Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving by the Sunnyvale, CA Toyota dealership today 5-29-22 and saw 2 bzrx getting charged up out front. Sales lady said she was unable to unlocked the doors as the buyers were coming in to pick them up. She said they are sold MSRP, no mark up
the base 2wd had plastic hub cap covers

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saw one yesterday in Redwood City, CA. Already owned and spoken for. MRSP. Dealer can put you on a waitlist... you aren't ordering it, but waiting for it to arrive randomly from Toyota. Wait is into next year for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kenfused: no, not in the market for the Toyota, just curious as it’s similar to the Solterra. The Sunnyvale Toyota is one block from my daughters residence and was dropping off some things

·
Registered
54 Posts
one on the picture is mine...it is XLE. AWD..very much Subaru drivetrain(ex 2001 WRX owner) so stable...not sure will post up 76 miles....going thro birthing pain...toyota does not know how to teach people...so slowly learning the ropes...but initial mileage(range) is very high as in Japanese spec...dunno Cheers folks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So that actual white AWD limited is yours thiru4120? Nice. Did not see any other new cars on the lot, typical at this time
Sunnyvale Toyota sales lady says most cars sold at MSRP….just order and wait…as was also asking about a Corolla hybrid for my daughter

·
Registered
49 Posts
one on the picture is mine...it is XLE. AWD..very much Subaru drivetrain(ex 2001 WRX owner) so stable...not sure will post up 76 miles....going thro birthing pain...toyota does not know how to teach people...so slowly learning the ropes...but initial mileage(range) is very high as in Japanese spec...dunno Cheers folks!
Can you please elaborate on the range part you mentioned?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let us know!

·
Registered
54 Posts
TBH... we will take out bZ4X tomorrow to the city then will report back. We did not have past 3 days the charging options other than level 1 and As of last night I was able to get 1 year complimentary EVgo initialized(level 2 chargers have 3 to 4 week backlog) and as you all know level 1 sucks.... I have 82 miles still shows 300.... note no ac was used....
best

·
Registered
593 Posts
TBH... we will take out bZ4X tomorrow to the city then will report back. We did not have past 3 days the charging options other than level 1 and As of last night I was able to get 1 year complimentary EVgo initialized(level 2 chargers have 3 to 4 week backlog) and as you all know level 1 sucks.... I have 82 miles still shows 300.... note no ac was used....
best
Encouraging. Thanks. I'd be interested in the highway efficiency indication and estimated range when there's not a lot of brake regen going on with whatever AC makes it comfortable. I wouldn't have been able to wait to charge at a DC fast charger. Let us know your DC fast charging experience as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good StevenH et al....Thanks! I do NOT want to mislead you inadvertently....even the dealer who sold me is curious...but this is quick and dirty POV it seems the range is buffered (or first few cars are Japanese spec dunno) to start and mineis AWD XLE with 18" wheel(different than Limited I have in Subbie that is 20") at estimated range of 320 and given that we in America use AC (and heater)...the moment I turn on AC estimated range drops by 50 miles at least....so I am guestimating 270 is regular range...remember we all did the Solterra survey.....do NOT want mislead you folks but will be happy to update....and happy as is with 320 miles, lol and happier without musk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good StevenH et al....Thanks! I do NOT want to mislead you inadvertently....even the dealer who sold me is curious...but this is quick and dirty POV it seems the range is buffered (or first few cars are Japanese spec dunno) to start and mineis AWD XLE with 18" wheel(different than Limited I have in Subbie that is 20") at estimated range of 320 and given that we in America use AC (and heater)...the moment I turn on AC estimated range drops by 50 miles at least....so I am guestimating 270 is regular range...remember we all did the Solterra survey.....do NOT want mislead you folks but will be happy to update....and happy as is with 320 miles, lol and happier without musk
Would be cool to see a DC fast charging test from 0-80% to see if any improvements were made for the production cars.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thiru4120… we are living vicariously through you! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alrighty guys...now I am getting bit nervous.....here is kind of stat...we had dropped our son at his apartment in the city round trip ~82 miles (645pm to 815pm ...so good traffic 101 San Fran to Silicon Valley)....did not use A/C(son was not thrilled) but yeah we need to know what gives right ;-) 3 of us on the car ....right at the start range estimate dropped...maybe because of weight... after 82 miles at home odometer 3.5miles/kWh(please pardon any mistake all new here with EV I can double check tomorrow) that translates to ~29kWh/100miles...again folks this all raw... and says 157 miles estimate with 52%charge ~ 319 miles(please do the math....it is easy )......so again we are pinching ourselves......Our second son is studying in San Diego....the idea of doing 4 DCFC was dreadful but now....if we continue with this kind of average we will need 1 charge (again maybe wishful thinking) but with gas in LA today at $8.00..... why not right? Cheers
PS: Please I am not trying to hype any of the above I am hoping someone here can either deflate us quickly or elate us with similar findings...this is longest trip for the day when our car crossed 100 and now 192 miles

·
Registered
54 Posts
If any of my above rant is true....then you can see where a 29 kWh/100 mile car/crossover or whatever will rank

·
Registered
593 Posts
Alrighty guys...now I am getting bit nervous.....here is kind of stat...we had dropped our son at his apartment in the city round trip ~82 miles (645pm to 815pm ...so good traffic 101 San Fran to Silicon Valley)....did not use A/C(son was not thrilled) but yeah we need to know what gives right ;-) 3 of us on the car ....right at the start range estimate dropped...maybe because of weight... after 82 miles at home odometer 3.5miles/kWh(please pardon any mistake all new here with EV I can double check tomorrow) that translates to ~29kWh/100miles...again folks this all raw... and says 157 miles estimate with 52%charge ~ 319 miles(please do the math....it is easy )......so again we are pinching ourselves......Our second son is studying in San Diego....the idea of doing 4 DCFC was dreadful but now....if we continue with this kind of average we will need 1 charge (again maybe wishful thinking) but with gas in LA today at $8.00..... why not right? Cheers
PS: Please I am not trying to hype any of the above I am hoping someone here can either deflate us quickly or elate us with similar findings...this is longest trip for the day when our car crossed 100 and now 192 miles
Thanks! 3.5 mi/kWh is encouraging! The "A Better Route Planner" app assumes consumption rate of only 2.83 mi/kWh for road trips. I'm not sure how much of your driving is in the city with brake regen that can skew the efficiency and range upward. But where did you see the car say "52%?" I thought there was only a bar and remaining miles estimate on the main instrument display (no % state of charge indication). Range estimates sound very encouraging as well. Interested in your experience with DCFC to 80%. Thanks again for the report!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Driving by the Sunnyvale, CA Toyota dealership today 5-29-22 and saw 2 bzrx getting charged up out front. Sales lady said she was unable to unlocked the doors as the buyers were coming in to pick them up. She said they are sold MSRP, no mark up
the base 2wd had plastic hub cap covers
Great looking bZ4X @Gobears74 congrats! How do you like it so far?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks StevenH! Yesterday the traffic here on Freeway was 60+MPH so did crawl or stop. Inside the city it was stop n go but more from lights. I am not sure how to monitor visually regenerative braking kicks in, we own a Prius clearly visible. Will definitely report back on DCFC sometime this weekend...we plan to take it in.....next few days. Toyota (mobile) Apps is where you get 52% charge remaining and 152 mile estimate :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks StevenH! Yesterday the traffic here on Freeway was 60+MPH so did crawl or stop. Inside the city it was stop n go but more from lights. I am not sure how to monitor visually regenerative braking kicks in, we own a Prius clearly visible. Will definitely report back on DCFC sometime this weekend...we plan to take it in.....next few days. Toyota (mobile) Apps is where you get 52% charge remaining and 152 mile estimate :)
I believe Toyota is offering a free year of EVGo charging? How did they implement that? Did they send a code to redeem? I am wondering how this will go with Subaru.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts