Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
The most optimistic thing I saw was, “but the operation was stopped for more than two months from the end of June to the beginning of September this year.” So up and running now…

Other than that, sounds like they were sad they couldn’t build cars but still did lots of refining of processes and doing lots of training while the line was down.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The most optimistic thing I saw was, “but the operation was stopped for more than two months from the end of June to the beginning of September this year.” So up and running now…
Good point, but I'm not sure enough about the accuracy of the translation to conclude decisively that they mean past tense (was stopped) or current tense (has been stopped so far).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK I think that title in all caps is unnecessarily alarmist, since there is no new "disaster" at the plant. Just a description of the mood and responses to the line suspension we've known about for over a month.
Maybe you are right, but when you take in consideration the fact that this is the first ever full ev for Toyota, the recall itself at last minute for a dumb reason like falling wheels, the buyback, the radio silence since then, dealers with no answers, probably no delivery before december, and finally any confirmation that the plant is up and running for the BZ4X and Solterra, I think were not that far from a disaster....:confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe you are right, but when you take in consideration the fact that this is the first ever full ev for Toyota, the recall itself at last minute for a dumb reason like falling wheels, the buyback, the radio silence since then, dealers with no answers, probably no delivery before december, and finally any confirmation that the plant is up and running for the BZ4X and Solterra, I think were not that far from a disaster....:confused:
Just a comment on the buy back: That was only put into place because of US (more specifically California mostly) lemon laws. It was reported that lemon decals / documents were placed onto / into bought back bZ4X units in the states. I understand that doesn't change the fact that it was done and that the whole thing seems like a botched mess, just pointing out that Toyota most likely wouldn't have done it had it not been for the lemon laws. Seems they wanted to control the narrative instead of being told that they have to do something by law.

As far as the article, seems more to tell what was happening at the factory while being completely shutdown more than anything about the 'why' it was shutdown. The photo in the OP seems kind of sad though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
... any confirmation that the plant is up and running for the BZ4X and Solterra...
Well the article isn't about the bZ4X or Solterra, but those are the only 2 visible vehicles (as far as I can tell) shown on the production line -- so likely they are being built just as fast as the plant's other models.

Plus, cars.com lists 63 Solterra's and 81 bZ4X's on their site, so they are either in transit or sitting somewhere (as mentioned many times by owners on this forum).

So I would say FAR from a DISASTER :)
Water Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I also think it was pretty nice of them to go down to the dry cleaners and get covers for the vehicles to keep the dust off while the plant was idle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Inappropriately so, I think. When I saw that screaming title, it conjured thoughts of explosions or Tsunamis or some such.
Yes, this is the picture that goes with that title

Edit: I feel kind of horrible for using this image for trivial purposes. It is a picture of the aftermath of a Russian strike on Ukraine from some time ago. It was the biggest disaster that came to mind at the time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyone knows if Line 1 has been restarted on the 7th of September?

Toyota should update the plant schedule for October soon?
There were photos of Crowns shipping from there within a few days of the 7th so I would assume it's been restarted at least for the Crown. Have no confirmation that the bZ4X or Solterra have started back up though.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Anyone knows if Line 1 has been restarted on the 7th of September?

Toyota should update the plant schedule for October soon?
They HAVEN'T announced that it DIDN'T restart (and that's the kind of thing they would announce).

BUT...

It's unknown if that assembly line is currently building bZ4X and Solterra, or just Crown (and possibly Mirai).

The growing number of delivery dates being pushed back to December 30 isn't a good sign.

It doesn't appear any new VINs have been assigned lately.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts