Subaru Solterra Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2021 OB Lmtd in Crimson
4 Posts
I converted my reservation into an order, via a brief phone call, earlier today. I was 1 of 15 or so people that reserved, which guaranteed me a car in the first "batch", per the sales manager. They have 30+ on a waitlist for those that did not reserve or have a chance to.

MSRP plus the accessories, all weather mats and cargo tray. I can add other accessories before the car is "shipped" to the dealer. I changed the color to the Galactic Black, with the gray interior, and stayed with the Touring trim, though I could selected a different trim, from Patrick Subaru in Shrewsbury, MA.

Should I purchase the vehicle I will qualify for the Fed, not the State rebate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just spoke with SOA and found out that the dealer ordered the wrong interior color - ugh.

I converted the reservation to order for a Touring on 5/5 and SOA told me they see delivery in November.
Just an interesting update - since the interior ordered for my car was wrong, the entire order had to be canceled and resubmitted, including a new reservation number that will have to be issued by a Subaru regional manager. Waiting to get that, provide it to the dealer and see what happens from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I think it's $345 for any color other than black or smoked carbon, and $545 for the two-tone (black roof) except when the car is already black.
I was extremely surprised that Subaru took this pricing tactic with the Touring. So much so that I called their customer care line and expressed concern Subaru was not respecting their customers as much as they have in the past. My point was that it just did not feel right that Subaru would advertise the Touring at a certain price point, but that price is solely available in black. All other colors require an extra charge for a black roof, whether you want the black roof or not. Then to top all of that, the remaining three colors have an premium charge on top of the black roof charge. That just feels like Subaru is disrespecting me.

Anyway, maybe more people should call Subaru customer care and express your thoughts? It just does not feel right to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told the same thing by AutoNation earlier in a week, but did get a call from Jordan late yesterday and she placed my order for Solterra. Might want to check back with Roseville and should be good to go. Good luck.
I was able to order mine on 5/1 and was told August for delivery date. I asked my salesperson how many were allocated to Autonation and she said originally 30. But she said a few cancelled and was given to other dealerships. She did mention that this entire process wasn't smooth for their dealership and expressed some frustration that the public seemed to know more than they did.

Was quoted $50128 for a Black Limited Trim with Activity Hitch. I wanted the carpet mat package and she the limited comes with the mats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I placed my order for a red Limited with Simmons-Rockwell in Horseheads, NY on 5/11. My experience seems to differ from most of yours in that I haven't heard anything about an estimated slot.

How long did it take from time of order submission to learning your timeframe? I asked and they said we wouldn't know for quite some time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I placed my order for a red Limited with Simmons-Rockwell in Horseheads, NY on 5/11. My experience seems to differ from most of yours in that I haven't heard anything about an estimated slot.

How long did it take from time of order submission to learning your timeframe? I asked and they said we wouldn't know for quite some time.
My salesperson told me immediately after he entered the order. I placed our order May 6, 2022 and he told me October 2022 is the estimated delivery. Also, the next day I got a Subaru.com email thanking me for my order. That email did not have an estimated delivery date. It did have my Vehicle Order Number (VON).

·
Registered
240 Posts

As soon as my chosen build was submitted in the Subaru software at the dealership, it popped up an estimated delivery month. Each week, my sales rep texts me the status. The estimate has remained August for the last two weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As soon as my chosen build was submitted in the Subaru software at the dealership, it popped up an estimated delivery month. Each week, my sales rep texts me the status. The estimate has remained August for the last two weeks.
Hmmm...hopefully my dealership knows what they're doing. I was the first reservation to convert.

The process they described was:
1. Order accepted for processing
2. Priority Number assigned
3. order matched with production unit on the line (delivery month announced)
4. Added to dealership In-Transit List (no date, no VIN)
5. VIN assigned (usually gives date)
6. Dealership receives delivery email 2 days from delivery

I also wonder if they're more or less evenly distributing units to dealerships each month. In other words, customers are sequenced for delivery within an individual dealership's allocation, rather than sequenced across all customers nationwide (perhaps based on date of order submission).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm...hopefully my dealership knows what they're doing. I was the first reservation to convert.

The process they described was:
1. Order accepted for processing
2. Priority Number assigned
3. order matched with production unit on the line (delivery month announced)
4. Added to dealership In-Transit List (no date, no VIN)
5. VIN assigned (usually gives date)
6. Dealership receives delivery email 2 days from delivery

I also wonder if they're more or less evenly distributing units to dealerships each month. In other words, customers are sequenced for delivery within an individual dealership's allocation, rather than sequenced across all customers nationwide (perhaps based on date of order submission).
And for what it's worth, Simmons Rockwell in the Southern Tier of NY supposedly has 7 Solterras allocated for MY2023.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstreck Limited
21 Posts
Ordered mine this morning (limited harbor mist) in norther NV. Sales rep ordered same trim and color. His is due in August and mine in November. Demo car scheduled for July. No ADM. 15 minutes. Nice guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a tens of text messages back and forth to confirm what will happen if I didn't like the car after ordering it, I finally placed the order, which went in last night. Estimated delivery Nov-2022..Ugh.. should have got it in sooner! They said, I am not obligated to buy the car if it is not what I want.

Here's the screenshot of my order!

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order on May 14th. Dealer sent me Sold Order Certification. I did not get confirmation email from Subaru of America. Should I be concerned?

Not sure why dealer told me : “we are not associated with Subaru of America, dealership in the north east are associated with Subaru Distributors”

141 - 160 of 160 Posts