Subaru Solterra Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just spoke to my dealership and enquired about the status of my order. I was told that the vehicle is picked up and is in their pipeline of deliveries. Scheduled for August at this moment but it could be sooner or later based on supply chain factors. I hope it will be sooner than later 🤞
I am assuming that all initial orders will be delivered in August (whether early or late August). Subaru has a cutoff of May 25th (26th?) when the reservations have to be converted to orders, so guessing that they are building up those orders up to May-whatever and those will all be on the same boat. Assuming the end of May to load manufactured cars and an 8-week trip on a RoRo ship (up to 10 weeks per the article linked) gets you into mid-August at a US port, plus the trucking from that port.

Shipping a Car From Japan to the US

·
Registered
345 Posts
Orders placed on April 26 for 2nd and 3rd dealership slots had September and October delivery dates, so I doubt an order submitted on May 25 will have a delivery date before October.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up going with the Limited trim in the Harbor Mist gray pearl color. Originally reserved the Touring model, but decided the glass roof, two-tone roof color and ventilated seats for almost $4K was more than I was willing to pay. Kept the car's base price just a hair under $50K, which was a psychological barrier I didn't want to cross! The only option I ordered were the all-weather floor mats. Hopefully the cargo net and cargo cover from my 2016 Crosstrek will fit in the new Solterra. Figured I'd wait and see until after I got the new car before ordering any extras.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer's Solterra sales person was on vacation when orders opened, so just got our Red Touring finalized on May 6, 2022. Slated to be delivered in October. Feels extremely strange paying MSRP, but these are strange times. If it were not for the federal rebate, we likely would wait a couple of years, betting that the car market would get back to normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally got the call... went in and had a very informal/low pressure meeting. Dealer asked if what I wanted was the same (Limited carbon), was honest with being on the fence. Dealer said hey, that's fine, you aren't signing anything so give it a test drive and make a decision when it comes in. I asked about options and told them only thing I was interested in was the hitch + all weather mats. Not sure they have the process right as they said I'd get some email to fill in that jazz. Only 4 allocated to our dealer in North Dakota and they think only 3 are happening. Haven't gotten an email from Subaru yet, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I asked about options and told them only thing I was interested in was the hitch + all weather mats.
From the Solterra's owner's manual:

"Trailer towing
SUBARU does not recom-
mend towing a trailer with
your vehicle. SUBARU also
does not recommend the
installation of a tow hitch or
the use of a tow hitch car-
rier for a wheelchair,
scooter, bicycle, etc. Your
vehicle is not designed for
trailer towing or for the use
of tow hitch mounted carri-
ers."

·
Registered
19 Posts
From the Solterra's owner's manual:

"Trailer towing
SUBARU does not recom-
mend towing a trailer with
your vehicle. SUBARU also
does not recommend the
installation of a tow hitch or
the use of a tow hitch car-
rier for a wheelchair,
scooter, bicycle, etc. Your
vehicle is not designed for
trailer towing or for the use
of tow hitch mounted carri-
ers."
Where did you find the Solterra's owners manual?

·
Registered
89 Posts
and published just today: "2023 Solterra Warranty and Maintenance Booklet".

It looks like subscribers might have access to: "2023MY Solterra Service Manual VH". It might be interesting to see what information an OBDII port on the Solterra will provide.
Should probably put this here for everyone. From the Warranty and Maintenance Booklet mentioned above:

The Battery and Electric Drive Units are covered for 8 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with retention of 70% or more of the original battery capacity over that period.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need some help folks.

Is D&H fee of $499 justified when we are paying MSRP?

Is there an additional charge for Two Tone for Touring model?

My (in Colorado) salesperson said over the phone that we are selling at MSRP but his offer email says it is 52885 before optional items/accessories.
I remember reading that the MSRP for Touring is 51995. Does the MSRP change based on the color?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I need some help folks.

My (in Colorado) salesperson said over the phone that we are selling at MSRP but his offer email says it is 52885 before optional items/accessories.
I remember reading that the MSRP for Touring is 51995. Does the MSRP change based on the color?

Thanks
Yes. I think it's $345 for any color other than black or smoked carbon, and $545 for the two-tone (black roof) except when the car is already black.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I need some help folks.

Thanks
$52,885 - $51,995 = $890 which is exactly the price of the non-black paint ($395) + two-tone ($495 - which appears to be a "mandatory option" on Touring).

121 - 140 of 160 Posts