Subaru Solterra Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just echoing what everyone else that has ordered for the most part. Went into the dealership, went through the configuration items on the limited trim, got an itemized order sheet confirming the options I'd selected, and had to pay a $1000 to order (they didn't seem to accept that I'd already paid in $250 for the initial reservation but said that all $1250 paid in so far would all go against the cost of the vehicle when it came in). They expect my car to be shipped in August and received by September. This is a smaller dealership in VA and they said I was the first to order of the 4 vehicles they are allotted. No surprises and generally a pleasant experience overall.

I will say it felt weird to put money down on a car I have not seen or driven in person.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek Limited
57 Posts
Just spoke to my dealership and enquired about the status of my order. I was told that the vehicle is picked up and is in their pipeline of deliveries. Scheduled for August at this moment but it could be sooner or later based on supply chain factors. I hope it will be sooner than later 🤞
Where is your dealership?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do we get an email confirmation from Subaru after dealer places an order? My dealer here in Texas placed an order last week but there has not been any email confirmation from Subaru yet.
I got an email confirmation from SOA a few days later, but my sales guy did send me a photo of the order sheet right after he placed the order.

Correction: the email came within 24 hours. I was preoccupied when it happened, driving back home from an out of state road trip.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hadn't receive a confirmation from SOA, so I contacted my salesperson. The sales manager called me back and explained that they don't include email addresses with their orders because SOA sends out too much inaccurate information to the order holder. I asked if he could update mine and after he did, I received a confirmation. You might want to verify that they included your email address on the order.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No clue what my dealer is up too... at this point I've contacted them enough that the ball is in their court. Last Thursday they said they were about ready to get things moving and they'd be in touch soon.
When I called last week, my dealer actually said that my order has been picked up, is being built, and is in the pipeline of ordered vehicles to be delivered. These are his actual words which got me all excited,:parrot:, lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Placed my order today by phone. No ADM.
I opted for solid colored roof, but 5 minutes after speaking with the salesman, he called back to let me know that when they tried to place the order in their system all Touring trims (except for black of course) came standard with the black roof.

Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Placed my order today by phone. No ADM.
I opted for solid colored roof, but 5 minutes after speaking with the salesman, he called back to let me know that when they tried to place the order in their system all Touring trims (except for black of course) came standard with the black roof.

Can anyone confirm that?
Yes, the dealer has a matrix with all the colors and options that shows Touring models are only available with the 2-tone roof. I spent about 30 minutes trying to get it deleted from a red one I ordered, then wrote a letter to Subaru to complain about it as well.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts