Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for a Solterra Limited reservation if someone is not going to use theirs.
Thanks,
Paul
I am looking for a Solterra Limited reservation if s
So last month I went to my Subaru Dealer. I ask the manager if my $1,000 and my $250 deposit is refundable. Manager said yes. I said can I give my reserved Soltera to someone Else like if I have my sister buy it. Manager said yes.

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse)
289 Posts
So last month I went to my Subaru Dealer. I ask the manager if my $1,000 and my $250 deposit is refundable. Manager said yes. I said can I give my reserved Soltera to someone Else like if I have my sister buy it. Manager said yes.
It sounds like you have an actual order...so yea, it would make sense that you could provide an alternative person to pay for it, as it were, especially if it's a family member. But the original reservation...a place in line to order...was prohibited from transfer.

· Registered
4 Posts
It’s my understanding reservations cannot be transferred…
While it does depend on the dealer, reservations cannot be transferred, but the final order can be placed by anyone. As Mike mentioned, the car can be purchased by any party, as long as they have permission from the person who placed the original order.

Personally, I'm ready to move on from the Solterra. If anyone is located in the Midwest, I have an order in for a Touring model that was supposed to be here early November, but will likely be delayed even longer now. Delivery would be in the Twin Cities area of MN. My dealer didn't contact me ahead of the IRA being passed, so be aware that the tax credit is likely not going to apply to the vehicle.

Still, if someone out there is still interested, it makes more sense to let them purchase it instead of just canceling the order completely. Just message me if you would like more info.

· Registered
4 Posts
I only had to pay the Subaru deposit, which I confirmed is still refundable up until the vehicle arrives and the purchase is actually completed. If I were to let someone else buy the car upon delivery, the deposit would go towards the purchase price. So my choices are: 1) Call and cancel the order completely - deposit refunded in a couple of weeks 2) Wait until the vehicle arrives before deciding not to purchase at all - deposit still refunded 3) Keep my order, but allow someone else to purchase it with my consent - deposit goes to purchaser.

· Registered
600 Posts
I only had to pay the Subaru deposit, which I confirmed is still refundable up until the vehicle arrives and the purchase is actually completed. If I were to let someone else buy the car upon delivery, the deposit would go towards the purchase price. So my choices are: 1) Call and cancel the order completely - deposit refunded in a couple of weeks 2) Wait until the vehicle arrives before deciding not to purchase at all - deposit still refunded 3) Keep my order, but allow someone else to purchase it with my consent - deposit goes to purchaser.
It's my understanding that if you don't buy it, it goes to the next person on the waiting list for that dealer.

· Registered
4 Posts
It's my understanding that if you don't buy it, it goes to the next person on the waiting list for that dealer.
Only if I pass on it completely. If I want someone else to actually purchase it, then I have that right. I basically have first choice from reservation up through deciding if I want to buy it or allow a friend, family member, or acquaintance to get it under their name instead. Only once I waive any and all claims to the vehicle and my deposit refund is initiated can they move on to someone else at their own discretion. The dealer doesn't even have to offer it to the next person on the waiting list, since that was only for reservations. Heck, even an employee could buy it if they really wanted to. The order and deposit being under my name just guarantees that I get first choice.

· Registered
600 Posts
Only if I pass on it completely. If I want someone else to actually purchase it, then I have that right. I basically have first choice from reservation up through deciding if I want to buy it or allow a friend, family member, or acquaintance to get it under their name instead. Only once I waive any and all claims to the vehicle and my deposit refund is initiated can they move on to someone else at their own discretion. The dealer doesn't even have to offer it to the next person on the waiting list, since that was only for reservations. Heck, even an employee could buy it if they really wanted to. The order and deposit being under my name just guarantees that I get first choice.
According to the Terms and Conditions, it's non-transferable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts