Subaru Solterra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

does anyone know if there is a trick to locking the doors while the car is still running? It seems like the only way to keep the car’s climate control running is to turn it off, lock the doors, and then use the key fob or app to turn the climate control back on. Seems like there could be an easy shortcut to achieve this outcome.

· Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Hi all,

does anyone know if there is a trick to locking the doors while the car is still running? It seems like the only way to keep the car’s climate control running is to turn it off, lock the doors, and then use the key fob or app to turn the climate control back on. Seems like there could be an easy shortcut to achieve this outcome.
When you turn the car off, before opening the door, does it ask if you want to keep the "climate control" (or whatever) running? I've gotten used to responding "yes" for quick trips into stores/restaurants etc. when it's either very hot or very cold outside (different EV, still "patiently" waiting on my Solterra).

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you turn the car off, before opening the door, does it ask if you want to keep the "climate control" (or whatever) running? I've gotten used to responding "yes" for quick trips into stores/restaurants etc. when it's either very hot or very cold outside (different EV, still "patiently" waiting on my Solterra).
Unfortunately it does not. I tried every which way today to lock the door but no luck. I ended up powering off, getting out, locking the doors, and the starting the car with the app as I walked into the grocery store (I was a ways away from the entrance). Hopefully they implement that feature soon.

· Registered
65 Posts
If you park, and open the door I think a message about 'auto off in an hour' pops up. I think you can not answer at all, hop out, with the fob, and lock the door.The car will go nutso but I think that will do what you want?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you park, and open the door I think a message about 'auto off in an hour' pops up. I think you can not answer at all, hop out, with the fob, and lock the door.The car will go nutso but I think that will do what you want?
I tried that approach and it doesn’t seem to work, but I will try again and then check the status on the app to see if it is reporting locked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts